FOUND QLD - 2015 Giant Trance 27.5 2

leed_23

Squid
Bike: Giant Trance 27.5 2
Colour: Black and Blue (Standard)
Date it was stolen: 06/02/2017
Where it was stolen: Newmarket, Brisbane
Specs: Pretty unique rig. Solo Pikes 160mm, Cane Creek DBinline, Stans Flow Mk3, E Mallet Pedals.
Pictures:16667960_10154280670416526_1560372548_o.jpg

Last edited:

leed_23

Squid
Some germ thought two months after he pinched this bike he could paint the top cap purple and sell it on gumtree. Luckily I checked gumtree daily and the cops were more than happy to go knock on his door and return my property!

Attachments

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
What an absolute fucking douchebag. Just painted the stem cap and then listed it...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Excellent Result Mate!! Always great to see bikes make it home to their rightful owners :thumb::thumb:

Flow-Rider

Burner
I wouldn't be able to restrain myself and lay a few punches into his head but it's great that you received your bike back.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'll say! Complete muppet. He went to the trouble of covering the drivetrain in wd40 and subsequently the rear rotor.
And they took the photo in the lounge leaning up against a nice leather couch on polished floor boards. Stealing pays well...

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
So glad you got you rig back champ, what a great outcome. Guess they call it 'scumtree' for a reason!

On another note, was your first photo taken at the entrance to Stonehenge at Daisy?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
So glad you got you rig back champ, what a great outcome. Guess they call it 'scumtree' for a reason!

On another note, was your first photo taken at the entrance to Stonehenge at Daisy?
Was thinking the same thing macca, reckon you're spot on - Ford Road entrance at DH. Got to watch yourself in that carpark too, often frequented by dodgy buggers looking for mischief. I know a guy who nearly had his wagon torched there whilst out for a ride.

Glad to see this thread end up in a nice way too, leed. There really is no accounting for the stupidity of some people. Where do I hook up with some Strans rims by the way?

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
Was thinking the same thing macca, reckon you're spot on - Ford Road entrance at DH. Got to watch yourself in that carpark too, often frequented by dodgy buggers looking for mischief. I know a guy who nearly had his wagon torched there whilst out for a ride.

Glad to see this thread end up in a nice way too, leed. There really is no accounting for the stupidity of some people. Where do I hook up with some Strans rims by the way?
Damn, I've started parking and entering there a fair bit lately as it's closer to where I live now. Used to park at the duckpond all the time prior to that. Didn't know about any dodgy behaviour but I guess it is fairly isolated, will be wary. I tend to go in there first thing in the morning so hopefully that's before dodgy pricks start to do their thing......

Flow-Rider

Burner
They actually stole a few bikes from cars while the owners went and got a drink at the main carpark, at the Koala end. I've never had anything missing but someone tried to push down my windows and force the quarter glass open, I could tell because they left all their dirty hand marks all over the car windows and lifted the rubber up around the quarter glass. I've got a car alarm with a motion sensor so maybe it went off before they were able to open the car up and It's normally around the school holidays that you get all the trouble.

leed_23

Squid

You have a keen eye! That's where the pic was taken but the bike was stolen from my place in Newmarket. I had to use that pic as it was the only pic I took of it with the DB Inline installed. Only got two rides in before it was stolen.

leed_23

Squid
Just wondering - How did you prove it was yours and not his though?
Given the unique spec it was pretty easy to convince a police officer who rides it was mine. Luckily for me though, the moron who took it didn't take the serial number sticker off. It's also stamped on the frame and the police we able to match the serial on the bike with the one I gave them.