2018 Pike

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
First geo-blocking, now forcing you to run boost. Get Farked RS!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
First geo-blocking, now forcing you to run boost. Get Farked RS!

That's how I interpreted the article too. Ostensibly positioning it as a trail fork and trying to differentiate it from the Lyrik. Also forces you to go for the pricier Lyrik if you want more than 140mm on a 29er.

ozdavo

Likes Dirt
That's how I interpreted the article too. Ostensibly positioning it as a trail fork and trying to differentiate it from the Lyrik. Also forces you to go for the pricier Lyrik if you want more than 140mm on a 29er.
Same as the Fox 34 (max 140 on 29), trying to bridge the weight gap to the direct competition.
Pike vs 34
Lyric vs 36

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I'm assuming Hope are machining boost adapters for their front hubs as we speak...and some whacked out brake mount to fit if required.
Fuck you SRAM. Stop trying to fuck mountain biking again.

edit. I've never looked at 110/20mm forks V 100/15mm's to see how it works with same hub. Is the 20mm axle running the brake mount 5mm more inboard?

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I'm assuming Hope are machining boost adapters for their front hubs as we speak...and some whacked out brake mount to fit if required.
Fuck you SRAM. Stop trying to fuck mountain biking again.

edit. I've never looked at 110/20mm forks V 100/15mm's to see how it works with same hub. Is the 20mm axle running the brake mount 5mm more inboard?
You can already get Hope and DT SWISS adaptors to convert from non boost to boost.

Yes, it come with a spacer to mount the rotor 5mm outboard.

Front is easy.... rear 148mm convertors need the wheel re dished.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/boostinator

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Boost is a wank like most of the other " new standards".
Problem is, from my perspective most of the great innovations in mtbiking have already happened.
Electronics could be good for gear shifting muddy chains though.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
At a guess maybe they only use one spacer on the RHS so wheel is sufficiently offset to the left.

But the big news is Judy is back! In POG FORM.
I looked at the kits and that's how they dealt with the front wheel. Also fixed your Judy info

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
At a guess maybe they only use one spacer on the RHS so wheel is sufficiently offset to the left.

But the big news is Judy is back! As an entry level fork.
Wolftooth has the front & rear conversion covered. Boost, making mountain biking fun again!

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty stoked on the thought of shaving 150g from my front end.
Just built an XC-ish bike with a brand new Pike at 120mm and the front end is noticeably heavy, but the stiffness and performance can't be questioned. This could make a good thing great!

moorey

call me Mia
I'm pretty stoked on the thought of shaving 150g from my front end.
Just built an XC-ish bike with a brand new Pike at 120mm and the front end is noticeably heavy, but the stiffness and performance can't be questioned. This could make a good thing great!
Noticibly heavy compared to what? It's an 1850 odd gram fork. What was on before it? I went from a 1700ish rev to a 1850 pike on my XC-ish bike, and there's no way I can say it's made the front feel heavier, only awesomer.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Noticibly heavy compared to what? It's an 1850 odd gram fork. What was on before it? I went from a 1700ish rev to a 1850 pike on my XC-ish bike, and there's no way I can say it's made the front feel heavier, only awesomer.
Weightweenieitis..... it's a cnut of a mental disorder.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

bear the bear

Is a real bear
For those looking for a slightly longer travel XC fork ie 120mm.
The jump is 1400gms to 1800gms for the latest Fox SC forks and RS Sid which is noticeable.

Note: Pikes are awesomeness!!!!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Weightweenieitis..... it's a cnut of a mental disorder.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
I'm happy I'm a fat bastard, always thinking of dropping weight off me before the bike.