Rotor wear

Exie

Likes Dirt
Hi Folks, just wanted a quick opinion if this was normal or not.
IMG_1459.jpg

Usually, I just ride a set of pads/rotors until they get lips/grooves cut into them, but these have gone all weird, looks like I've been hacking at them with a screwdriver ?!

Is it possible is was just crappy alloy they were made out of or what ?!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd check your caliper is firmly attached, not sure how you've done that. Any wear marks caused by brake pads can only appear as concentric lines/circles.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
That's been emery papered, fo shiz.
Yep. Thats been mucked with big time. Not in any way possibly related to use despite how fucked up anything is.

But ultimately the rotor is fine - just make sure its all actually ok and working properly and ride it. The marks will fade quickly and not impair performance or safety.

Exie

Likes Dirt
Thanks everyone, pretty much answered all my questions. I know I frigged up a set of pads when I contaminated them, so I think the shop might have sanded the rotor to clean it.

Brakes seem ok for now, if you think its ok, I'll keep rolling with it.
I'll make a note to get new pads + rotors next time around.

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks everyone, pretty much answered all my questions. I know I frigged up a set of pads when I contaminated them, so I think the shop might have sanded the rotor to clean it.

Brakes seem ok for now, if you think its ok, I'll keep rolling with it.
I'll make a note to get new pads + rotors next time around.
Surely no shop would sand a contaminated rotor....for starters, it doesn't help.
Keep riding it, will be fine. Clean it with metho/acetone/isopropyl if it's contaminated....Cook your pads if they are...