The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
id still like to get 5k this year, my main goal is to increase climbing to 100K vertical, also plan on doing some longer night rides on the mtb or cx on gravel [when the wombat is slushy wet]

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
My totals for 2016 were 4395km, 54000m elevation and 226hrs in the saddle. Well short of my initial 9000km goal, but looking back on the year, I don't think I'll set a goal like that again… I ended up burning myself out and not riding for 3 months.
My goal for 2017 is just to enjoy my riding, commute more and ride MTB more, and be OK with stopping if it feels like it becomes a chore.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In 2015 I rode a tad over 3,000 km. I also rode my longest distance of 86 km in the Sydney to gong ride.

My aim in 2016 is to do 4,000 km...so far I have done 0 KM! Haha! As far as MTB'ing is concerned I want to become better at AM/XC riding, I'm ok at descending but pretty rubbish at climbing. I commute to work on my old MTB but I'm considering getting a road bike to do more bulk KM's!

Overall I just want to continue to have fun on my bike!
1700 kms in 2016…fell way short of my aim! Change in job meant less kms in commuting! Didn’t do as much mountain biking as I wanted to either!

2017 goal is to simply get fitter!

Brow

Big Block
Bit late

Set goal for 2017 = 10km. Did that in the first week so I can just relax now and enjoy all my riding.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
There you go then !

Been over 10,000km for the past 3 years, wanted to break 12k last year but got an injury.

Knocking our house down and rebuilding, so got 2 moves to do this year so expecting a little less, but still setting the goal for 10,000.

So far.

1329km
14395vm

Strava says I'm only 41km behind pace, so another decent week will put me in front.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Set goal for 2017 = 10km. Did that in the first week so I can just relax now and enjoy all my riding.
Yeah... I just want to ride as often as possible, in the bush, on great trails... having as much fun as possible with the fewest injuries.

To know the numbers of stuff would require some form of bike 'puter or strava... and I couldn't care less.

The closest I get to metrics is setting the bezel on my watch at the start, so I know the duration of the ride.

Brow

Big Block
You and Me Lazmo, we got the riding right. No offence meant to those who want to set big goals though.
I got a basic computer on each bike mainly to know what time it is (dont wear a watch) in case I got to be home at a certain time for the next thing going on in a busy family with 3 kids.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
4000 sounds good. I'm ahead of the rate required for my orig 2500 goal, but am expecting a few obstacles in H2.

I'll go with 4K as well, but its likely to be between the two.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
My goal is 3000k's. Set the same one last year and fell short.
Off to a good start with 797k's already done.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
1221 km
61:07 hrs
14,994 El
Av of 72km per week.

Need to get my skates on if I'm going to hit 4500 this year (trying to ride with a munted rib isn't helping..., and neither will wearing a pair of skates as I try to ride. But, onward we march...).

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm well behind, but will give myself some slack, ACL surgery tends to put a stop to these things.

Will need a heavy second half of the year, but it will all be road kms, so might get there.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I tried this in 2016 and found that chasing the mileage made me do less mtb since MTB rides are harder per km. Does anyone else use a multiplier to compensate for MTB mileage?

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm at 2332 so far, so chasing around 7500.

Calvin27, doesn't matter what bike you're on, all riding can be hard or easy depending on where you go and how hard you push it.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I wish I had put a number down - currently commuting on the 29er and getting 23 km for free each work day!

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I tried this in 2016 and found that chasing the mileage made me do less mtb since MTB rides are harder per km. Does anyone else use a multiplier to compensate for MTB mileage?
Times 2 for mtb on tar, times 3 for roadie, times 5 when fun factor taken into account