Seriously, GET OFF THE F*CKING TRAILS, you idiots.......

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
I saw something that made me shake my head this weekend.
Riding at Lysterfield and for some reason decided not to do Snipe to the Dam Wall.

Rode the fire trail instead, turned down the hill and as I was riding back to the car park saw a couple with their child walking enjoying the view.
The imbeciles left behind them their pushchair, perfectly stationed at the entrance to the trail. It would have been hidden from view by the trees to anyone riding there.

They were about 50 meters away and couldn't care less. "Seems like a nice place to leave the pushchair babe?"
I have a similar one , also at lysterfield , end of the ride similar thing , but rode into snipe , took a couple of turns , a group of handicapped kids were walking up the trail with a lady , I had to ride off the trail and crash to avoid hitting them , luckily no injuries , soft landing

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I saw something that made me shake my head this weekend.
Riding at Lysterfield and for some reason decided not to do Snipe to the Dam Wall.

Rode the fire trail instead, turned down the hill and as I was riding back to the car park saw a couple with their child walking enjoying the view.
The imbeciles left behind them their pushchair, perfectly stationed at the entrance to the trail. It would have been hidden from view by the trees to anyone riding there.

They were about 50 meters away and couldn't care less. "Seems like a nice place to leave the pushchair babe?"
I hope you did the right thing by everyone and moved the baby capsule to a more appropriate place?

BorisBC

Likes Bikes
Too funny mate. When I came across you and Carl on the track I was thinking about this thread! Sometimes there are some very legitimate reasons for blocking the track and broken bones has to be right up there.

I took it pretty easy on the ride home after driving you to the hospital. My wife did not think the "Hi honey, I'm in the emergency department..." was a funny way to start a conversation about why I was late getting home. Your wife also impressed upon me the importance of not doing anything that would mean joining you back at ED.

Hope you're nicely on the mend.
Lol healing up nice mate! Got the cast off today am I'm in a removable one now which makes life a lot easier. Still awhile before I can get back on the bike though.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Special mention to a few people today at The Hill in Geelong:

The two dads who thought standing in the middle of the track to watch their kids ride would be a good idea. Didn't even try being diplomatic with them, because ffs.

The dad who brought a kid who had probably been riding without training wheels for all of about five minutes.

The three kids who thought it would be a good idea to flip one of their bikes upside down and set up an impromptu workshop in the middle of the trail.

Fuckwits, one and all.

With the closure of OMV now in effect another trail nearby has become a zoo, fat dads, huffy's and a moustached motherfucker who should have known better trying to fang it round me without letting me know.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I almost stacked it once chasing a bush turkey

I guess that's not really the same thing
That is how my yesterday started! I had a sleep over in lindfield. Was pedalling along the leafy Street towards the train station at 7am and BAM! Bush turkey on The footpath. I was shocked. Anyway it decided to run in front of me until I turned off. Poor bastard was packing it - that wobbly sprinting and peeking back style.

That is how my yesterday started! I had a sleep over in lindfield. Was pedalling along the leafy Street towards the train station at 7am and BAM! Bush turkey on The footpath. I was shocked. Anyway it decided to run in front of me until I turned off. Poor bastard was packing it - that wobbly sprinting and peeking back style.
makes you feel like Wylie Coyote

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
And a hearty good evening to the family who were walking down track 17 at the Youies this afternoon. At least they got out of my way when they heard me coming. "This is a bike track," I tells them as I ride past. "You're going to be getting a lot of that." HINT HINT

They should have swapped with the other idiot I saw taking his kids up the walking track. All on bikes. GREAT WORK THERE DAD

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
Bunch of miserable gits I encountered yesterday. We were stopped after a lap of Menai, they rode past and dismounted to cross into the trail; said g'day, got a few half-hearted grunts at best. Get to the top of the climb up to Black Hawk Down and they're all scattered across the singletrack like Brown's cows. A couple of common-sense/trail etiquette statements were exclaimed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bunch of miserable gits I encountered yesterday. We were stopped after a lap of Menai, they rode past and dismounted to cross into the trail; said g'day, got a few half-hearted grunts at best. Get to the top of the climb up to Black Hawk Down and they're all scattered across the singletrack like Brown's cows. A couple of common-sense/trail etiquette statements were exclaimed.
Could be time to store a bottle of urine in your bike's bottle cage? A squirter as you approach should clear the trails pretty quickly...

Flow-Rider

Burner
They've build a few new trials in my area and one trail in particular they T off from another that already had an entry point from the road. Every son of a gun decides to stop right on this intersection and chat. Before you get to the intersection there's a descent that leads to a longish wooden plank that crosses a small gully and it's hard to see where the knobs are positioned until you're at the start of the plank. All of a sudden people scramble left or right and you're on this plank locking up brakes doing a track stand. :rant:

Last edited:

Gripo

Eats Squid
rode a local trail on the weekend......its 2 way, nice flow up & down.....an older bloke on a HT in blue/red flight centre 100 tights, calls trail on the way down (we were going up)....then when we were going down guess who was coming up and calling trail, wanker....

Last edited:

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
people who ride the wrong way on one way trails (stromlo) bolting down greens, or another time when there was a fire road on one side or a trail in the direction they were riding to the other

stirk

Burner
rode a local trail on the weekend......its 2 way, nice flow up & down.....an older bloke on a HT in blue/red flight centre 100 tights, calls trail on the way down (we were going up)....then when we were going down guess who was coming up and calling trail, wanker....
I'm not sure what the etiquette is but I generally give way when going up hill so the person riding much faster down has the better and safer line. Also I find road rules kick in and people generally follow the left is best.

Gripo

Eats Squid
I'm not sure what the etiquette is but I generally give way when going up hill so the person riding much faster down has the better and safer line. Also I find road rules kick in and people generally follow the left is best.

was with a mate who's new to mtnbiking...but a capable rider, he asked the same......to my knowledge it was UP that has RoW....

but the trail to my liking is the new type flowy down trail which carries speed....and hence its easier for those going up to clear way.....but really, either way common sense should prevail....but common sense is limited to an individuals care factor....