Offset Bushings.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Hello esteemed colleagues,

I am looking at getting some offset bushings for my Sight. Ideally trying to solve some handling issues with my bike.

Has anyone used them and where did you get them from ?

Staunch

Eats Squid
I recently had to custom order new hardware for my Commencal Meta from www.offsetbushings.com.
Ironically enough I just got standard ones and not offset ones, but can vouch for their quality. Everything is machined to order so they should be able to sort you out with what you need.

As far as feedback about offset bushing themselves, can't help too much there.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
I recently had to custom order new hardware for my Commencal Meta from www.offsetbushings.com.
Ironically enough I just got standard ones and not offset ones, but can vouch for their quality. Everything is machined to order so they should be able to sort you out with what you need.

As far as feedback about offset bushing themselves, can't help too much there.
How much were they in the end?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Tried a set from Offset bushings. Quality of the parts is really good and low cost so worth a shot.

Preferred the bike's stock geometry so only used them for around 3 weeks and went back to stock.

moorey

call me Mia
On every bike I own. Highly recommended. The ones above, burgtech or pro shock ones are all good. I use mainly pro shock.

indica

Serial flasher
I had some on the Fury when I owned it. Maybe Nerf sold them? I cannot remember but they were great.

Actually no, I had an offset headset thingy.

Bun

Likes Bikes
I picked up a pair off offset bushings from www.offsetbushings.com and can vouch for the quality. transforms the bike completely, well for me it did. I feel 100% more comfortable jumping and plowing down steep rocky sections.

They are so good that I've recommended two of my mates to get them.

I paid roughly about $60 AUD for them. The guys from Offsetbushings.com are wonderful and easy to deal with. For the price I cant recommend them enough.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I had some on the Fury when I owned it. Maybe Nerf sold them? I cannot remember but they were great.

Actually no, I had an offset headset thingy.
hopeless ... Lol

we have Burgtec Ti offset Bushings ... Mainly 22, 41x6 ... 22, 30, 35, 40, 41x8 ... 25.4 coming with next order. We also have the shock eyelet the bushings which comes with the offsets or also sold separately

Has anyone tried running the offset in the opposite side therefore reducing the head angle ?
I realise the forces may want to screw the bush back to the neutral side of the headtube and cause all sorts of binding but I was just wondering if anyone has tried.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Yep to running them in reverse ...

I actually installed them wrong on my bike (SC Bullit) the first time ... I was trying to make it slacker ... But at Appin ( techy XC) the thing was railing all the corners and a bit faster steering ... I wouldn't call it twitchy but I could move the bike around faster ... Exactly the opposite to what I was expecting, but loving it none the less for the XC.

Eventually flipped it for descending and it's again more stable at speed and in steeper terrain.

Yep to running them in reverse ...

I actually installed them wrong on my bike (SC Bullit) the first time ... I was trying to make it slacker ... But at Appin ( techy XC) the thing was railing all the corners and a bit faster steering ... I wouldn't call it twitchy but I could move the bike around faster ... Exactly the opposite to what I was expecting, but loving it none the less for the XC.

Eventually flipped it for descending and it's again more stable at speed and in steeper terrain.
How long did you run it steeper for and did you notice any movement or issues ?
I was thinking of experimenting with a current 65deg head angle.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Just got my pair in the mail ... anyone using the plastic DU bush supplied or stuck to the standard metal one that was originally on their shock?

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Need a sanity check here.

My Merida uses a dumb proprietry IS headset with an 52 id bearing on both ends so i can't really slacken the HA without also slackening the STA and I'm already wanting a steeper STA, already got the seat as far forward as it goes.
Would using an offset bushing also steepen the STA? Also what effect does this have on the suspension linkage as this is effectively shortening the stroke?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
If you use offset bushes you will steepen STA and HA at the same time or vice versa. To steepen you would offset them to effectively lengthen, not shorten the shock e2e.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Bumping...

Anyone else thrown them in reverse to steepen and raise? Any feedback?