What does your day look like?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Are you kidding me?

Juicy 5s are some of the best brakes ever made. I have had a set on a bike since 2006 (which I bought second hand) and they've never once been re-bled and they work beautifully - to the point I do fire road run-downs of Black Mountain (ok, not really a mountain but still) and they pull me up just fine when I'm doing Mach fuck-me-I'm-gonna-die.

They are the most set-and-forget item I've ever owned.
You are one of the lucky ones. I had them and they sucked. Sure they didn't suck as much as juicey 3s. I had juicey 7s as well and they were ok. The codes of that era were the shit though! Still one of my favourite brakes.
I don't ride that bike all that often but they still work well enough for a DJ bike.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Geotech huh? Used to work with some of you blokes in my contam land remediation days :)
Giddyup, amongst some other related sciencey gear.

Tofu smashing, long haired, enviro grad? Yeah, we have a couple of those sandal sporting bludgers at the office.....

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Giddyup, amongst some other related sciencey gear.

Tofu smashing, long haired, enviro grad? Yeah, we have a couple of those sandal sporting bludgers at the office.....
Not sure I met any greenies in the contam land game... It was just another consulting gig, writing reports for developers to tell the EPA that its all good. It usually wasnt...

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Vice needs some slicko bruv
What's slicko?

IT needs a good wire brushing and a coat of something. My grandfather made this in the 1940s when he was a boiler maker with the NSW railways. It's one of my most prixed possessions. Not just because it was my Pop's but because it can withstand a 200+megatonne blast and two guys with a pipe over the handle pulling/pushing as hard as possible. This thing will outlast time itself.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like it was made by someone who knew what they were doing. I recently snapped a similar sized model from a trade shop just turning the handle with a bit of effort, what a pos.

Flow-Rider

Burner
What's slicko?

IT needs a good wire brushing and a coat of something. My grandfather made this in the 1940s when he was a boiler maker with the NSW railways. It's one of my most prixed possessions. Not just because it was my Pop's but because it can withstand a 200+megatonne blast and two guys with a pipe over the handle pulling/pushing as hard as possible. This thing will outlast time itself.
Looks like it was made by someone who knew what they were doing. I recently snapped a similar sized model from a trade shop just turning the handle with a bit of effort, what a pos.
Certainly looks solid but that's how they made things in those days, to last that is.

If you can get hold of a pre 90's old 'Dawn' branded vice, they were a strong unit.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Quality steel too. Everythings made to a price now, I hate buying new tools as I know I'll be replacing them in two years time.