Ks lev integra help

Matty_moo85

Likes Bikes
So I have figured out I have been riding around for years with my saddle to low. So I have adjusted the hight of my post but now my dropper goes down an inch or so when seated. Any one have any ideas on a easy solution. I have played around with the barrel adjuster but hasn't helped at all.
Any help would be great cheers

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate time to service the seat post and it may well be buggered. I've had 3 Ks Lev Integra's and that's usually a sign that it's time to get it serviced.

Matty_moo85

Likes Bikes
Service is probably a good idea. I don't think it has ever been set up properly since buying the bike the remote was always sloppy. I thought pulling the post further out of the frame may of just put more tension on the wire activating it or something

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Service is probably a good idea. I don't think it has ever been set up properly since buying the bike the remote was always sloppy. I thought pulling the post further out of the frame may of just put more tension on the wire activating it or something
The cable outer is fixed at both ends so the cable doest change length (or tension) if you move the post further out of the frame.
If the post drops a little under your body weight, then it needs a service. If the cable is sloppy, chance are it will either not activate to drop (most likely) or will drop all the way without the lever pressed.

Contact Al (herfherder on here) and he'll look after you.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You might just need to feed a little bit more of the cable housing through. If you don't feed the same length of housing through as you have moved the post up then you will have added tension to the cable, and probably more than the barrel adjuster can handle.

Edit: I just read the JT's post and if the housing is fixed then this will not help. On my previous and current cable posts (X-Fusion Strate and Brand X Ascend) the cable housing is not fixed, but just sits in a recess that it can easily pull out of if you move the post too high.

Last edited:

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They r a piece of piss to service, hopefully it's not a buggered piston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The cable outer is fixed at both ends so the cable doest change length (or tension) if you move the post further out of the frame.
If the post drops a little under your body weight, then it needs a service. If the cable is sloppy, chance are it will either not activate to drop (most likely) or will drop all the way without the lever pressed.

Contact Al (herfherder on here) and he'll look after you.
What he said.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You might just need to feed a little bit more of the cable housing through. If you don't feed the same length of housing through as you have moved the post up then you will have added tension to the cable, and probably more than the barrel adjuster can handle.

Edit: I just read the JT's post and if the housing is fixed then this will not help. On my previous and current cable posts (X-Fusion Strate and Brand X Ascend) the cable housing is not fixed, but just sits in a recess that it can easily pull out of if you move the post too high.
Unless the cable outer is caught on something

Matty_moo85

Likes Bikes
Yeah I can push outer in and out the frame a fair bit. I mean it was working fine until I have change the post height apart from the remote not really spring back by its self after dropping the post. I'm in WA

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I can push outer in and out the frame a fair bit. I mean it was working fine until I have change the post height apart from the remote not really spring back by its self after dropping the post. I'm in WA
Mmmm Melbourne is s bit far then for me to look at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Disconnect the remote ... Weight the post ? Does it still drop?

if yes, cart is gone unfortunately ... If not ... You may need a longer remote cable and housing since you've lifted it up.

depending where in WA you are ... These guys deal with KS the most off the top of my head
TBE, Fat Duck, Bike Shed Dunsborough, The Hairy Marron, EMR suspension, Bobs Bikes Albany, R&D Speedshop.

Matty_moo85

Likes Bikes
Hey cheers I will give that a go. Oh ok cool fat duck is prob the closet if I can't figure it out I will give them a call
Thanks

Matty_moo85

Likes Bikes
Ok. So after sliding the outer in the frame abit more from the remote it's working again. The remote not springing back but it never has so looks like the cartage is all good!