Snot an orange for once.....

moorey

call me Mia
So, TBH, not really sure what to do with this. Felix grew out of his old 160mm bike, so I sold the frame and put him on a spitty, which he loves. This frame came up at a good price, so I couldn't help grabbing it to put his old parts on, with the plan of sharing it with him. He is very comfortable on a smaller Medium, despite being 11yo.
Anyhoo, changes planned for this down the track. Hopefully 11sp, maybe 27.5. Who knows :behindsofa:

Frame
- 2014 Banshee Rune, medium (26")
Rear shock -CCBDA CS

Front shock/fork - rct3 pike 160mm 27.5"
Handlebars - Fatbar light 740mm, 15mm rise
Headset - Cane Creek
BB - Raceface signature DH
Stem - Thomson 4x 50mm
Grips - Lock on.
Saddle - Charge, currently
Seatpost - Thompson elite dropper currently.
brakes - XT m875
Rotors - Icetech 203/180

Cranks - XT 785
Guide - Fouriers top guide
Chainring - 32t Fouriers NW
Chain - XT 10sp
Pedals - DMR Vault
Rear derailleur - XT Middy with one-up cage currently.
Rear shifter - ispec 10sp
Cassette - XT 11-40 10sp currently (hope expander 40t)
Hubs - Hope pro 2 Evo
Rims - Stans flow ex 26"
Tyres - Front Minion DHR, rear Minion SS. Tubeless.
Total weight - 14.5kg with pedal. Not built to climb.

IMG_9109.jpg
IMG_9113.jpg
IMG_9111.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
sweet looking ride. Spec seems to be your greatest hits. will it be at round 3 of KOB?
All my bikes run virtually identical spec, from xc through to DH...I tried most things, and worked out what suits me.
It plans to be there. Mad not to. You coming?

taquar

Likes Dirt
If that's your backyard, I hate you so much. :thumb:

Nice bike though! Really need to update my bike to something with a tapered steerer and 27.5", at least. All these toys make me jealous.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Is the first rule of mountainbiking at your house 'all rides must start with a huck to flat off the back deck'?

moorey

call me Mia
If that's your backyard, I hate you so much. :thumb:

Nice bike though! Really need to update my bike to something with a tapered steerer and 27.5", at least. All these toys make me jealous.
Backyards are for townies. It's my sprawling bush block. Hate away.

27.5 I'm not at all fussed about. It will happen. 26" still floats my boat.
Yeah the tapered, 1.5" or 44mm head tube if unfortunately essential for the nice forks these days. I only run 2.5 forks to keep options open and gives a slightly slacker HA.

I picked up this frame embarrassingly cheap. They're out there if you're lucky.

Logic

Likes Dirt
super nice ride man!
Had a look at buying a frame once, they're damn expensive!
You gotta give us a ride report :rockon:

moorey

call me Mia
super nice ride man!
Had a look at buying a frame once, they're damn expensive!
You gotta give us a ride report :rockon:
Not that I can ever buy new, but I reckon they're the best value frame out there. They often have leftovers or runout models for $1800-2000 with CCDBA or monarch shock. Nothing else comes close.
Got this and a spitfire in the quiver. Looking forward to riding this in anger. Reckon I'll give it a run at the upcoming KOB race.

Logic

Likes Dirt
Not that I can ever buy new, but I reckon they're the best value frame out there. They often have leftovers or runout models for $1800-2000 with CCDBA or monarch shock. Nothing else comes close.
Got this and a spitfire in the quiver. Looking forward to riding this in anger. Reckon I'll give it a run at the upcoming KOB race.
hell yeah dude! Not sure how tall you are, but a medium should be awesome to manoeuvre around the tight tecky sections.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Are you serious? :suspicious: That sounds superrrr dogdy.
It's a long story but yes, I'm serious. My 2013 has two cracks where the shock mount meets downtube. Two other guys I know have the same cracks and they aren't a problem.

Was an issue on 2013 Rune frames but the design means the cracks are only a cosmetic problem.

There will be two cracked Runes in D grade at KOB round 3.

moorey

call me Mia
It's a long story but yes, I'm serious. My 2013 has two cracks where the shock mount meets downtube. Two other guys I know have the same cracks and they aren't a problem.

Was an issue on 2013 Rune frames but the design means the cracks are only a cosmetic problem.

There will be two cracked Runes in D grade at KOB round 3.
And one cracked Rune rider in vets...

Logic

Likes Dirt

Wow! I remember once on a Youies shuttle day overhearing some guys talking about a dude selling some cracked frames for ridiculously cheap, but I don't know where to find it. Admittedly I thought they were joking but it sounds like a good deal if you can get them for a good price. If you could link me to a website or something i'd be really keen to check it out:)

It sounds quite funny that having a cracked frame is a common occurance and is completely fine haha :lol: