Best value rear hub 142x12

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Looking at purchasing a secondhand set of stans flow ex wheels but will need to change the rear hub.
Firstly not sure if it's worth it or wait for a set that has a suitable hub.
Secondly what is a decent hub for the money etc?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Hope aren't bugdet, but a lot better than hubs costing a lot more. Adaptable to various configurations, go for ever, and sound fantastic.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Either way, given last weeks advice on wheels from os, it would need to be a good deal. 80 for a rebuild, plus spokes, plus the cost of a hub.
Sure you don't just need end caps?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Hmmm does sound expensive looking into it..
The rear hub is a single speed so could buy front complete with hope hub and rear as rim only.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Has to be Hope, bulletproof, ride and forget, spares probably the easiest available of any hub and great price for what you get.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Hmmm does sound expensive looking into it..
The rear hub is a single speed so could buy front complete with hope hub and rear as rim only.

Is it actually single speed, or a standard Shimano freehub with a single speed kit. My SS has a kit, I can pull it off and install a cassette in less than 5 minutes.

It's just a spacer kit with standard lock ring.

Last edited:

Flip666

Likes Dirt
It's a hope trials specific hub can only take up to 6 gears.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It's a hope trials specific hub can only take up to 6 gears.

I tipping a freehub change is all it needs but could be wrong.

Just had a look at one, freehub change at best but looks like an axle change might be needed as well. Still, pretty inexpensive and easy with a Hope hub. Pro 2 EVO I'm guessing?

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Cannot convert just the free hub - the flange dimensions on the Hope SS hub provide a symmetrical wheel build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I know I'm in the minority, but hello Shimano or other (less good but better than most) cup-n-cone/angular contact bearing hub for improved lateral stability.