The last movie you've last watched last

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nope, still sitting on the shelf. Think I'm still waiting for a mate, although I might eventually go it alone. Theatrical cut over Redux?

Uh? I think your phone has made a fine mangling there.
Redux would be my recommendation. It is long but worth it.

Add deer Hunter to the list then.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Redux has a few scenes that really did need to be cut but is the better of the two. There is a documentary on the making of it called Hearts of Darkness, It definitely adds to the film.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Redux has a few scenes that really did need to be cut but is the better of the two. There is a documentary on the making of it called Hearts of Darkness, It definitely adds to the film.
I can think of one lengthy distraction from the story that viewers wouldn't have missed being cut from the film, but I didn't mind it being there in the Redux.

Reading heart of darkness also adds to the film. In this case I would watch the film, then read the book. I did it in the opposite order.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spiderman home-coming, took the kids. They loved it, for me it was ok.. Had enough to keep you interested for the 2 hours with the last half being significantly better than the first.
Michael Kenton was great though and the story at least just didn't follow the whole bad guy vs good guy epic battle formula bullocks.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Airplane! Classic 80s comedy. A good dose of silly and a lot of jokes you wouldn't be able to make these days.

Beej1

Wonder Woman

She was good, and arguably one of the most beautiful people on the planet. Captain Kirk was good. WW's fight scenes were fantastic if a little too heavy on the slow-mo. Early fight scene on fantasy island had far too much twirly dismounts and some truly epic digital face fails.

The movie really does meander - weighed down with origin story crap - until the scene in No Mans Land, and kinda gets going from there. The scenes of her kicking arse are really pretty awesome.

Some great parts, but really ... the story, or the screenplay perhaps, lets it down. Which is a shame given how excellent a job I think she does with the character. I don't understand how it's reviewed so well. Compared to other DCEU films its great, but overall it's average at best. I'd put it down to getting tired with superhero origin films, but a few of the MCU offerings in the past decade have been much better that this.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
A cure for wellness. Just don't. Sometimes a movie is so bad it's funny, this wasn't one of those movies, it's just bad.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Can see why it's a classic, looks absolutely gorgeous. Effects showing their age.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spider-Man: Homecoming. Bloody great.
I was quite happy with it. That said, nothing about it bears any resemblance to the comics at all. Just the names. If you're a purist it'll upset you. The action scenes are very good and they've got the movement of Spidey nailed. It's pretty funny too.
And thankfully I didn't have to see Uncle Ben die again.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I was quite happy with it. That said, nothing about it bears any resemblance to the comics at all. Just the names. If you're a purist it'll upset you. The action scenes are very good and they've got the movement of Spidey nailed. It's pretty funny too.
And thankfully I didn't have to see Uncle Ben die again.
Depends which comics. Ganke was awesome, even if they did give him the wrong name. And there was a lovely tribute to Amazing Spider-Man #33 in there, as well as a nod to the suburban hijinks of #267. And Flash Thompson is still a douchebag, no matter his ethnic background.