Generation next (or 'the pinner-ette cometh)

moorey

call me Mia
The time finally came to put the daughter on a duallie. She is nine now, and has been rocking the previously posted HT for 2 years. Every chance she got, she would snaffle her brothers xc duallie, and with him outgrowing it, and upsizing, took the opportunity to rebuild his old frame with the lighter parts off her old HT.

FRAME. Avanti Motiv II XS 14". 26", 100mm travel.
FORK. Old WC Sids, dual air, carbon CSU.
WHEELS. Carbon haven 26".
TYRES. Michelin Race'r 2.1". Tubeless.
BRAKES. XT m775
CRANKS. X9 170mm
CHAINRING. Works Components 30t direct mount NW.
SHIFTER. XO 9sp (lightest shifting for little thumbs)
DERAILLEUR: X9 9sp
CASSETTE. XTR 11-34 9sp
BARS. Carbon truvativ noir 660mm
PEDALS. Wellgo spry
WEIGHT. 10.4kg complete with pedals.

Result: She's loving it. Can't get her off it long enough to get a clean pic of it. Her confidence is through the roof, to the extent of riding the local DH tracks under the coaching of big brother. Watched Leogang and Andorra replays, and Lenzerheide live. She's raided the cupboard for Felix's Five10 carvers he grew out or, my old elbow pads as knee pads, and Felix's old moto full face. She's keen to enter the King Of Ballarat DH series in 2018. Great...a second child to kick my arse.
Close as I can get to it without too much mud on it.
Bigger forks to come after she races it in the coming state cycling championships.
IMG_9139.jpgIMG_9157.jpg

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
That's awesome. I've recently finished a HT build for my 10yr old daughter (pyr coming soon) though on her first ride she hurt herself and is now a little hesitant to get on it again. May have to try bribery;)

moorey

call me Mia
Excellent work Moorey! :thumb:
Cheers Man.

That's awesome. I've recently finished a HT build for my 10yr old daughter (pyr coming soon) though on her first ride she hurt herself and is now a little hesitant to get on it again. May have to try bribery;)
Quinn has had a few solid offs. Luckily she has an encouraging brother....and is used to seeing dad stack.
Awesome little ripper there Moorey.... cant wait until she hands you your arse!
Do you even read? I said 2018. I'm good with predictions. Always said Felix would out ride me by the time he was 15.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I wish my Dad gave me awesome bikes when I was that young (or at all)... :smow:

Got some lucky kiddos there, m80!

moorey

call me Mia
I wish my Dad gave me awesome bikes when I was that young (or at all)... :smow:

Got some lucky kiddos there, m80!
Whatever it takes to keep them active and happy, mate. Felix has never been a problem like that. Addicted to bikes from birth. Quinn takes a bit more encouraging to get active.

Look at it this way....her bike cost me a lot less to build with cheap s/h parts and spares than most parents spend on Xbox etc. We don't have a TV, and neither of them have anything electronic other than a school iPad.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You should start a kids MTB camp out there. We could send our kids out there for a week and have them come back pinners!

Would you pass a WWCC?

slowmick

38-39"
Excellent work sir. they are awesome bikes - good to hear the are having the tyres ridden off them. :thumb:

If it makes you feel better my daughter will ride the legs of me at 15. Even if she starts at 14. I'll be 60 at that point.

moorey

call me Mia
You should start a kids MTB camp out there. We could send our kids out there for a week and have them come back pinners!

Would you pass a WWCC?
1. The less they watch me ride, the better off they are.

2. Maybe :behindsofa: