Menai (Lucas Heights) MTB Park

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
First time checking out these trails and all I can say bravo to the trail builders. Wish we had something like this on the North Side. Cheers!

Youtube:
[video=youtube;uzWd2rmHOcc]https://youtu.be/uzWd2rmHOcc[/video]

Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/224936891

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
It's a nice little trail network there that the builders have put a lot of care and maintenance into.

Nice little video too..... gimbal videos are just so easy to watch without feeling seasick!!!!
I was waiting to see if either of you cleared the little double at the end of black hawk down tho......!!!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
It's a nice little trail network there that the builders have put a lot of care and maintenance into.

Nice little video too..... gimbal videos are just so easy to watch without feeling seasick!!!!
I was waiting to see if either of you cleared the little double at the end of black hawk down tho......!!!
Thanks! Re: Black Hawk Down - we ran out of energy and talent by that point, but mostly talent!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
However, I do note that your tyres broke contact with the ground numerous times, Squid.

You've changed, man.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
Done 5 laps of this little loop yesterday after work, such an awesome section of trail to session. Props to the builders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nice vid. I have trouble interpreting this type of footage sometimes, a chunk of the ride looks like your coasting up hill! What are the trails here like? Steep? Jumps? Xc? Gravity? Comparable to neverbeen? I like to find new places to ride.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Xc. Pretty flat mostly. Good fun, but you need a car to get there, riding from sutherland is pretty average.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Nice vid. I have trouble interpreting this type of footage sometimes, a chunk of the ride looks like your coasting up hill! What are the trails here like? Steep? Jumps? Xc? Gravity? Comparable to neverbeen? I like to find new places to ride.
Relatively flat. We ended up doing 548m elevation over 33kms which also includes the commute from the car park.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
For me the gimble takes away the shudder but it also takes away the contours of the trail. Sometimes the rider will be going over a rocky section or even a jump and you can't really tell.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Relatively flat. We ended up doing 548m elevation over 33kms which also includes the commute from the car park.
Thanks for the info. This doesn't sound like I'll be making the trip. I note your location. Your local turf likely includes the few parts of Sydney I currently ride. I'm not so good at those climbs though!

For me the gimble takes away the shudder but it also takes away the contours of the trail. Sometimes the rider will be going over a rocky section or even a jump and you can't really tell.
Do you ever watch any snow sports videos? It is even worse, kind of obvious i guess as there is a lot less contours etc to be seen in a glared out white field covered in white cloud...the gimbal footage is a lot easier to watch. All that shuddering gone is a nice thing.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
did you enjoy the smell :yuck:

its vertically challenged, but has got character in my biased opinion.

Next trail, pending approval, is in some nicer but toxic bush :laugh: in the true spirit of 'Pimp Your Tip for MTB'

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Agreed. I'm going to try and aim the stabilizer down a tad for the next one as there wasn't enough handlebar rattle in this position.

Thanks for the info. This doesn't sound like I'll be making the trip. I note your location. Your local turf likely includes the few parts of Sydney I currently ride. I'm not so good at those climbs though!
Our local does have rougher and more gravity oriented terrain but it was a very nice change to be able to get a spin in without steep climbs or boring fireroads. I recommend checking it at least once.

did you enjoy the smell :yuck:

its vertically challenged, but has got character in my biased opinion.

Next trail, pending approval, is in some nicer but toxic bush :laugh: in the true spirit of 'Pimp Your Tip for MTB'
I enjoyed it (the smell, not so much). The only bits we found awkward were when we missed the signs and went the wrong way up "one way" trails. Will definitely be back!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok...I won't write it off, but I won't rush out there either. I don't need steep Downs to have fun and I see jumps and berms (that'll keep me happy) and I'm happy to avoid climbs! The one near the lake is a fucking killer. Maybe I hop off and push a little...