(Vic) Red Hill Gravity Enduro

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
It's on again! The second annual Red Hill Gravity Enduro is locked and loaded for October 7th-8th. As with last year, rego and practice runs on the Saturday, with racing on Sunday.

Entry capacity has increased to 250, but is still likely to sell out, so don't fart around! This is a strictly NO SHUTTLES event for both days, and anyone busted shuttling will be booted.

Full info and link to the entry portal - which is open and waiting for you - can be found on the webby site.

Dig it.

moorey

call me Mia
Was dead keen...but fuck me. Almost 100 for 25km of on shuttled riding. Bit less for felix, but just can't afford races these days :pout:

teK--

Eats Squid
Re the entry price I think it is also a fundraiser for the club. their running expenses even for 2 days wouldn't be a lot, just st john's, permits, traffic management, and the lunch they give you on sunday. most of the marshalls and other officials are gonna be volunteers.

moorey

call me Mia
Re the entry price I think it is also a fundraiser for the club. their running expenses even for 2 days wouldn't be a lot, just st john's, permits, traffic management, and the lunch they give you on sunday. most of the marshalls and other officials are gonna be volunteers.
Cheers. I know full well what an event costs to run, and I'm all for clubs making a buck, but there's no way I can swing $80 for an 11yo kid when we can only get there for one day, on top of travel and food. ClubMUD has the same basic expenses for KOB including 2 days shuttles included, and under 15's are like $30.

I guess I'm just jealous that plenty of others have the disposable cash for today's race fees. If Felix knew this was on, I couldn't bear to tell him that it's just too expensive. Nothing against the club or event at all. It will sell out, and will be a great event, it's just not the family friendly pricing that I love to see in events like this that don't cost the world to run.

moorey

call me Mia
Also, what's with this?
Riders in classes U15, U17 and Sport Men/Women will do one less stage the rest of the field.
U17's are among the fittest and fastest out there. Even Felix at 11 was one of the first up hills last enduro we did. Charging full price for less race?

volcanoman

Likes Bikes
I have no qualms with that...other than paying as much as many, or more than some, DH races with expensive shuttles provided. I prefer the gravity ride up format...but that entry price :hand:
+1

That's a pretty wild entry fee for no shuttles. You Yangs MTB seem to be able to run the Cressy race cheaper with shuttles (not to mention unlimited snags).

moorey

call me Mia
Rereading my late night whinge...just to clarify, while I still think the price is too high, particularly for juniors, it's indicative of where things are going, and I don't like it.
I have nothing but respect for the club, and hear from many people what a great event this is. I also have nothing but respect for the Duck, as one of my favourite burners and an absolute champ in the flesh, totally committed to club racing and mtb riding.
I do get that this is a club fundraiser for trail work, and will generally support paying extra when I can, and volunteering my time. All the best with the event, all. Hope to join you there some day.

teK--

Eats Squid
Rereading my late night whinge...just to clarify, while I still think the price is too high, particularly for juniors, it's indicative of where things are going, and I don't like it.
I have nothing but respect for the club, and hear from many people what a great event this is. I also have nothing but respect for the Duck, as one of my favourite burners and an absolute champ in the flesh, totally committed to club racing and mtb riding.
I do get that this is a club fundraiser for trail work, and will generally support paying extra when I can, and volunteering my time. All the best with the event, all. Hope to join you there some day.
I was super impressed with yymtb when they reduced their shuttled day fees and introduced lower fees for the young riders.

Moves like that help a lot to encourage more kids to ride and families to participate

I suppose they are a much more established club and have the money to run tighter margins.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I was super impressed with yymtb when they reduced their shuttled day fees and introduced lower fees for the young riders.

Moves like that help a lot to encourage more kids to ride and families to participate

I suppose they are a much more established club and have the money to run tighter margins.
Red Hill Riders ran their first enduro last year, they managed to survive before that without much trouble. They could easily charge half price for juniors, like others do...