Cane creek Forty replacement bearings

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Hey guys recently discovered my headset bearings are cactus in a cane creek Forty, the bearings are zs44 zs56 are these available from bearing shops?
Online can only find the whole headset or top or bottom assemblies..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+110 for the 110. And yes, the warranty is still 110 years. $60 from MTB direct, steep for a bearing, but you get what you pay for,.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Diymtb do an Enduro bearing in SS to suit. $35 plus postage.

ACB6808CC 3645

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys, are the zs part numbers still what I look for in the other types as in 110 or enduro bearing? Not sure on what I need to order exactly

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Don't rely on the ZS numbers for new bearings. ZS (Zero-Stack) 44/56 headsets have cups pressed into the frame, which has 44/56mm bore diameter, with the bearings fitted in the cups. Different headsets can have different cup internal diameters, therefore different bearing diameters for the same frame diameter. The bearings should have printed on the outer shell the specific dimensions, eg. 40.8 x 30 x 8 45* x 45* or 45* x 36*. Match the new bearings to the numbers on the current ones.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Thanks guys, are the zs part numbers still what I look for in the other types as in 110 or enduro bearing? Not sure on what I need to order exactly

Just email Mountainbikesdirect or diymtb and they can tell you which bearing you need. You might as well do the top bearing while you are at it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
How long do you blokes get out of your 40 ser. headset bearings ? I had a FSA last over 4 years and a King more than 2 years and it still was ok up until I did a frame swap. Just gone over to the Canecreek 40 and it's been 6 months on one bike and a couple months on the other but everything is still working fine.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I've had the 40 on my bike since April last year. Only a month or so ago it developed a creak, so I had it looked at when I got my fork serviced. Was just re-greased and she's good as new again.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
How long do you blokes get out of your 40 ser. headset bearings ? I had a FSA last over 4 years and a King more than 2 years and it still was ok up until I did a frame swap. Just gone over to the Canecreek 40 and it's been 6 months on one bike and a couple months on the other but everything is still working fine.
I've had mine in for 18 months and all good. No creaking/indexing etc.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Don't rely on the ZS numbers for new bearings. ZS (Zero-Stack) 44/56 headsets have cups pressed into the frame, which has 44/56mm bore diameter, with the bearings fitted in the cups. Different headsets can have different cup internal diameters, therefore different bearing diameters for the same frame diameter. The bearings should have printed on the outer shell the specific dimensions, eg. 40.8 x 30 x 8 45* x 45* or 45* x 36*. Match the new bearings to the numbers on the current ones.
Thanks Duck, ill have another look!

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Just email Mountainbikesdirect or diymtb and they can tell you which bearing you need. You might as well do the top bearing while you are at it.

Will do, they're both knackered anyway

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Mine have lasted just less than a year, have had a few very wet rides over the last couple months though..

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've had the 40 on my bike since April last year. Only a month or so ago it developed a creak, so I had it looked at when I got my fork serviced. Was just re-greased and she's good as new again.
I've had mine in for 18 months and all good. No creaking/indexing etc.
Mine have lasted just less than a year, have had a few very wet rides over the last couple months though..

Oh good, I thought because people recommended the 110 bearings that there was some really bad experiences. The 40 series aren't all that cheap and I hope to get more than a few months out of them.