XC The Epic Comp mud slut

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The last few winters, many a mid week night ride was canned due to rain and slop. I just couldn't bring myself to riding my good Epic World Cup in poor conditions, and was on the hunt for a second frame to build up. Psimpson7 had a frame available to make way for a glorious Yeti, so here we are, right place, right time, right price. He puts a compelling deal together, a true gentleman!

I've got most of the pieces already to build her up, but don't want to use up the spare XX1 stash so she will get GX running gear before next winters mud arrives. This will be bike number 5.

The frame has had a small rock strike on the downtube near the bb. Sometime soon CTGuru will get this into the CT scanner, I'll repair the area and we'll get an after CT scan as well. ATM the area still passes the tap test with a coin, so it is minor.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice, pop the swing arm off and we'll chuck the front triangle in the scanner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
What happened to the Stinky!?
It's happening, two builds happening concurrently.

Couldn't find fox36 26" straight 1 1/8 forks with a steerer 190mm long so I've some old boxers on the way for the stinky to get it going. Eyeing off a cc db il for it too.

Should be ct images of the mud slut next week.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The Epic frame is now stripped, all the metal parts that could come off have come off the front triangle, in readiness for a CT scan.

I cannot feel the damaged region on the inside when I stick my finger through the cable port hole.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
CT images are back

I need the frame back in my hands to really compare images to the physical.

took me 5 mins to even work out WTF I was looking at.

Epic comp scan.jpg