Custom 2017 Norco Optic

dh1

Likes Dirt
Here is my new bike, all new except the brakes and discs (5 rides old). Some parts supplied by shop and others I sourced myself in order to get the build I wanted for a price I was happy with.

Haven't had a chance to take it out yet but I am excited! My first 27.5 bike as well, will be interesting.

Frame - 2017 Norco optic C7.3 frame, large, 120mm travel
Rear shock - Fox Evo
Forks - Fox 34 float, performance elite 130mm travel fork
Seat post - Rock Shox Reverb, 150mm
Seat - Fizik Gobi
Seat post clamp - Norco
Headset - Cane Creek 40 series
Stem - Chromag, 50mm
Handle bar - Raceface next carbon 760mm
Grips - ODI lock-on
Front brake and rotor - SRAM Guide RSC, 180mm
Rear brake and rotor - SRAM Guide RSC, 160mm
Crankset - SRAM xo1, 170mm length, 30t SRAM ring
Bottom bracket - Sram
Pedals - Nukeproof
Rear shifter - SRAM X0, 10 speed
Rear dérailleur - Sram X0 type 2, 10 speed
Cassette - SRAM PG1050 36-11t
Chain - SRAM 10 speed
Wheelset & tyres - Mavic Deemax Pro

Attachments

Last edited:

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
That's very nice. Curious as to why you went 10speed? Did you have the parts laying about?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Cery nice little trail shredder, mid travel 27.5 bikes are the most fun out, you'll have a ball

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would love to compare the 27.5” to the 29”.

My 29” is a lot of fun to ride, can’t see how this thing would be anything other than a joyful ride.

Great looking rig.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
And any news on the tyres? It'd be interesting to hear how the stack up against the usual suspects

dh1

Likes Dirt
That's very nice. Curious as to why you went 10speed? Did you have the parts laying about?
I had a brand new 10speed shifter spare, I have a banshee spitfire running 10speed and then a used 10speed rear mech on top of that. I like to keep the same parts across my bikes if possible as it is handy for spares/donor parts. I can also handle the climbing on 10speed well (2x Trans NZ enduros in the pocket) just for the extra long rides I put a 30t on the front for the optic where the spitty has 32t.

dh1

Likes Dirt
And any news on the tyres? It'd be interesting to hear how the stack up against the usual suspects
I haven't taken it out on the tracks yet but I will let you know. I am expecting good things though - I have Crossmax Enduros on my spitfire and they came standard with mavic tyres. I run the mavic tyres for a while, no dramas and liked them.
Switched to the minion front and highroller rear and took the minion off near enough straight away and put the Mavic front back on. Didn't find the minion anywhere near as good. Ran the highroller for a bit longer and ended up switching back to the Mavic as well.