MTB Sale.com - Scam

Jonb1760

Squid
I am looking at bying a 2013 Downhill Norco Aurum from MTBsale.com. But cant find any info about the company. They are based in Denpasar Indonesia.
1. Anybody heard from these guys or had any experience?
2. What kind of import duties would I be up for on a $1300 bike?

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is

An XTR Hightower CC for $6k?
I don't think so, Tim

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If it is known as a scam, I suggest the thread title be update to represent that to warn the casual reader.

Or we all pitch in and help this unfortunate Nigerian prince regain his rightful authority and await our just reward.

Jonb1760

Squid
So. Its definately a fraud, bit the bullet and ordered a bike but payed through PayPal. (How does a scam site work with PayPal???), no bike but a month later full refund from PayPal.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
So. Its definately a fraud, bit the bullet and ordered a bike but payed through PayPal. (How does a scam site work with PayPal???), no bike but a month later full refund from PayPal.
Great job giving money to scammers.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Or a little more. Last time I was hit the fee was around $130. But fuck going into it again! A search would've found plenty of chatter about this shit.
Nasty, I got mine cleared for $90 through an online broker, got a dodgy quote for $50, but it was going to be around a week wait... no ones waiting a week to get a new frame and save $40 - it also seemed to cheap vs everyone else, to good to be true and all that!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Damn...I wasn't given a choice. CRC picked the courier for me and they set the fee once the box was on hold. I guess that is the price you pay for free delivery? Oh no it isn't...as paid delivery would also have incurred the gst and import hikes. It a tricky game and a about to get even more cut throat when the Gerry Harvey fat lazy bastard tax comes into effect.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wait, what? The first 4 replies said scam and you went ahead anyway? That's impressive.

Anyone who reads this, please, please never try to buy a bike from Indonesia.

Snapcatcher

Likes Bikes
PayPal should not cover idiocy. Old mate was told it was a scam, and still went ahead and wasted PayPal's goodwill.