Evil Bikes Partner With Defcon Cycles

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do some cards have some sort of insurance as part of the card for this sort of thing?

I would have thought that all the bank accounts would have long been cleaned out and not sure how you can back charge them in that case.

Yeah it is sad but you don't know who your real friends are till you fall of the perch.
Falling off your perch is one thing, unfortunately this situation has many parallels with another one and that was wilful and deliberate, luckily the worst affected in that situation were businesses and not the riding public. It did still cost one person their job and left at least another small business struggling as a result.

toby

Likes Dirt
Yes - credit card companies are able to offer this service as they have fees to both users (stores and credit card holders). This covers fraud and stuff with cards. (plus they still make heaps of money)

toby

Likes Dirt
Falling off your perch is one thing, unfortunately this situation has many parallels with another one and that was wilful and deliberate, luckily the worst affected in that situation were businesses and not the riding public. It did still cost one person their job and left at least another small business struggling as a result.
I think this hits the nail on the head. Usually when a shop goes under it owes money to wholesalers and to staff (unpaid super and leave etc), but in this case it seems all the people owed money are individuals who have paid for items or paid deposits on items. Maybe a couple of deposits here and there... but not much full payments like this guy.

My question remains was he actually placing orders for the items that he was taking money for with the brands themselves. So far I have no answer for this... but I am doing some searching.

scblack

Leucocholic
Do some cards have some sort of insurance as part of the card for this sort of thing?
Its called a charge-back and most banks should offer the ability to reverse a charge on your credit card. Its not insurance.

Its not a facility to be treated lightly - I assume severe penalties and possibly fraud or stealing charges could be laid if you use it without real reason.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
raising the point it is not just a simple black and white issue. Many unknown factors can tip a small business over the edge, unfortunately.
Agree with everything you say, it's just this:

I have reason to believe that no orders were placed with Evil for some period of time,
...if proven true, would give reason to question "Stu's" integrity.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
And the rest of the money... if any will be used up on expensive creditor/solicitor/liquidators.

Several years ago I travelled to Kangaroo Island, while on the island, the ferry I travelled over with went bust... they were trying to contact me while I was on the Island but there was no friggin phone signal. Arrived at the ferry to go home... no ferry.

Cutting a long story short.... I got back $100 from Travel Auctions but paid an addition $70 for the kids, so $35 each way, I was owed $35 (cost me $300 to get back by Sealink).

I received letters every year for about 5-6 years from a snobby Solicitors office in Sydney, telling me how things were proceeding with my lost cash.

They looked like the medieval type, big thick cream envelopes, gold embossed seal on the flap, gold letter heading and all official hoighty-toighty jargon... well it was worth the $35 just to get these "elder scrolls"... sadly for the scum, like me at the bottom of the pile, any cash left will be sucked up by the parasites.

Attachments

builttoride

Likes Bikes
Hello, Keith From Banshee Bikes here.

We became aware of this unfortunate situation yesterday, and would like to reach out to any banshee customers who have been left out of pocket.

If this situation has effected you after you have paid a deposit or full amount upfront for a banshee frame, please can you contact me directly at keith@bansheebikes.com with details of your situation including copies of any paperwork you have to show timeline, what you ordered and what you have paid.

Unfortunately we can't get your money back, but we will do what we can to help you out.

Thanks,
Keith

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

We became aware of this unfortunate situation yesterday, and would like to reach out to any banshee customers who have been left out of pocket.

If this situation has effected you after you have paid a deposit or full amount upfront for a banshee frame, please can you contact me directly at keith@bansheebikes.com with details of your situation including copies of any paperwork you have to show timeline, what you ordered and what you have paid.

Unfortunately we can't get your money back, but we will do what we can to help you out.

Thanks,
Keith
Bravo Keith!

That's just one of the many reasons why I Banshee.

Twelve

Likes Dirt
I've just spoken with my bank (ING - I transferred 1k back in May for a following frame deposit), they are going to put in a request for the funds to be recalled.

Mine was just a transfer and wasn't done by credit card, so I would suggest even if you've just done it via transfer still contact your bank and try. I'm not going to hold my breath but it's something at least for now. Will post again once I find out the result.

creaky

XMAS Plumper

Thanks,
Keith
Awesome gesture Banshee. Above and beyond.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Thanks,
Keith
This is why my next bike purchase will be a banshee. Great work Keith!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Thanks,
Keith
Bravo Keith!

That's just one of the many reasons why I Banshee.
Awesome gesture Banshee. Above and beyond.
This is why my next bike purchase will be a banshee. Great work Keith!
This is why my next life partner will be a Keith......

Banshee, they're no Specialized, but they go alright :thumb:

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Thanks,
Keith
Unbelievable! This is why i will continue to ride banshee bikes. What a gesture, i cannot believe you are a member of rotorburn.

moman

Likes Dirt
FYI from Facebook.

Dear Evil Bikes Australia and New Zealand customers,

Evil Bikes has just been informed that our Australia/New Zealand Distributer, Defcon Cycles, has placed themselves into Voluntary Liquidation. This news is a big surprise to Evil Bikes. We had no warning from Defcon that their business was in danger, or that Defcon was struggling. We apologize to all customers for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

A liquidator has been appointed to this case – Travis Pullen of TJP Advisory. Email – travis@tjpadvisory.com.au

Before contacting Evil USA, please first contact the liquidator if you have:
1. Made a deposit for Evil product to Defcon, and have not received confirmed delivery. Deposit Record will be required.
2. Made a full payment for Evil product to Defcon and have not received delivery. Proof of payment will be required.

If the liquidator is not able to bring your case to a full and satisfactory resolution, please contact Evil Bikes USA – Mike Howse - mike@evil-bikes.com. Please understand, Evil cannot help you until you have completed your process with the liquidator. Evil will handle customers not satisfied by the liquidator on a case by case basis.

Moving forward, Evil will service the Australia and New Zealand market directly, as opposed to using the service of a distributer. Future sales and dealer inquiries should be directed to Evil USA. You can reach Evil USA directly via email – Mike@evil-bikes.com and Dylan@evil-bikes.com. We also communicate with customers via instant message on Facebook and Instagram. Or, you can simply call us at 877-696-3845. We will have staff on hand as much as possible to handle the Australia and New Zealand time zone from the USA.

Many Thanks,
Evil Bikes USA