Star Wars, The Last Jedi

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Disney is angling for a 64% ticket cut (long term avg is 45%), and insisting exhibitors keep it in the biggest auditoriums for weeks or face an extra 5% penalty.

Studios behave like drug cartels. They answer to no one.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've deleted a bunch of irrelevant shit from this thread. If you aren't a Star Wars fan; past or present and you ain't gonna talk about Star Wars in this thread then you can fuck off. If you are gonna recycle the old "episodes 1,2 and 3 were shit!" or the "Jar Jar blah blah blah" every fucking post then you can fuck off too. If it bothers you that much than put the post in Little things you hate and see how many people give more than a quarter of a shit.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've deleted a bunch of irrelevant shit from this thread. If you aren't a Star Wars fan; past or present and you ain't gonna talk about Star Wars in this thread then you can fuck off. If you are gonna recycle the old "episodes 1,2 and 3 were shit!" or the "Jar Jar blah blah blah" every fucking post then you can fuck off too. If it bothers you that much than put the post in Little things you hate and see how many people give more than a quarter of a shit.
That's the way Dozer, none of this fee speech shit.

I'm pumped. Reckon we'll find out about the lineage of Rey in this one but probably not Finn (if he has any).

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm pumped. Reckon we'll find out about the lineage of Rey in this one but probably not Finn (if he has any).
It kind of baffles me as to why the clone thing isn't so apparent, thats what got me thinking he may actually have some family tree behind him. Thats about the only evidence I have to back up my wild theory. ;)

Beej1

It kind of baffles me as to why the clone thing isn't so apparent
Aren't first order troopers _not_ clones? I got the impression (from the single time I saw the film) they were abducted, brain washed youths turned into soldiers.

Or did I completely miss something?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Aren't first order troopers _not_ clones? I got the impression (from the single time I saw the film) they were abducted, brain washed youths turned into soldiers.

Or did I completely miss something?
I had that feeling too, I might do some research on it but finding anything that is clarified is tricky nowadays.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
um...thats exactly what they said in the film...

fin said something along the lines of taken from family when young, and renn says something about (when finn defects) about maybe they should use clones instead...

Last edited:

Beej1

So then ... why did Maz Scrotumhead lean over the table all serious-like toward Finn again? I can't remember ... was that the point he was outed as a First Order trooper? Or is it meant to imply there's something spesh about him?

Ugh ... gotta stop caring again. It'll only lead to disappointment.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I think that is all just part of Abrams' box inside a box inside a box inside a box inside a box style. It is a technique for perpetuating interest and speculation. Sometime there is stuff in the box, other times...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hb8MUsezbLc

I just hope.they get around to telling a new and interesting story. At some stage...so much opportunity has been wasted. But you bet I'll be in the cinema creaming my pants.

I am curious to see how they write out Carrie Fisher and how that alters the story from the original concept.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think it almost shows that in the promo.
I don't watch them. I like to hit the cinema completely blind. Personally I find modern trailers show too much.

FIFY

I guess we'll never know the original concept though, will we? Or it a known thing?

Either way ... damn shame.
It usual comes out. In dries and drabs. In books and DVD special edition and any other saleable products they can push out.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I don't watch them. I like to hit the cinema completely blind. Personally I find modern trailers show too much
A fair comment. Atleast check the reviews. If it is total turkey then you save the extortionate cinema entry fee and can spend it on whatever Poodles spend on when they forego movie tickets.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A fair comment. Atleast check the reviews. If it is total turkey then you save the extortionate cinema entry fee and can spend it on whatever Poodles spend on when they forego movie tickets.
That tactic wouldn't have worked out well in the instance of the last blade runner film. I'll see it in the cinema regardless of quality. I did see those unmentionable 3 there and all of the lord of the rings and the hobbit abominations. The big screen is much nicer than my laptop. Though the cinema I usually go to (nostalgic childhood cinema happens to be the closest to home these days) does smell like stale urine.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Though the cinema I usually go to (nostalgic childhood cinema happens to be the closest to home these days) does smell like stale urine.
Most cinemas seem to have that weird forever soaked in salty popcorn smell. Are you sure it is the cinema with that smell and not just the restroom or the local club with carpet near the bar.

The Poodle can't do the moves if the cinemas smells like pee.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Most cinemas seem to have that weird forever soaked in salty popcorn smell. Are you sure it is the cinema with that smell and not just the restroom or the local club with carpet near the bar.

The Poodle can't do the moves if the cinemas smells like pee.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Nobody wants to do the worm on pee pee soaked carpet.

I'll probs go see it if the boy wants to go, I'll admit to not enjoying the movies on the level some of youse do glaven and I cant really remember what the last one was about but I never go to the movies so maybe