The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That was nothing to do with internet, it was for pay TV.

Facts people facts, lets get them right.
Are you saying the cable would not have been multi-purpose? Or adaptable to stay with emerging trends? I doubt many regular people would've had much of a vision for how the world has evolved online. Television, shopping, and having friends...

The lawn mower man and beyond 2000 were our great inspirations. Oh and that war games movie where the kids hacks the military computer.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing can adapt to this calamity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well nothing we know about yet.. Organisms have always adapted even in the most hostile of environments.
I have always thought mother nature will just evict us (humans) when we stuff things up too much. Flooding rains or drought for 600 days would probably do the job..

Back to the whole sustainable growth thing.. My definition of "sustainable" is probably a little more liberal than the in vs out balance. I think it's worth considering the psychological impact growth has. Cities packed with high rise dark dank dog boxes or enormous 90% site coverage bulk builder homes ain't how humans were designed to live.
Profit and growth always top good design and ideas. It's no coincidence the shit suburbs with no trees or open space have the highest crime and health issues (in melb).

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
"I've never seen a donkey beastiality video" fuck I want that on a t-shirt with Don Burke's face!
Since we have to think of the children in this G rated world. Do not search for 'man chased by lovesick donkey' in YouTube.

Don Burke is another of those weirdo's. Still waiting for the Church to put a large broom through their ranks too.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Cities packed with high rise dark dank dog boxes or enormous 90% site coverage bulk builder homes ain't how humans were designed to live.

How were humans designed to live? Why and how were we designed that particular way?

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
As far sustainability goes i think the countries we should use as examples would imo have to be Iceland, Norway, Greenland, Netherlands and etc.

Iceland and Greenland for been progressive in the renewables area, Norway for how quickly they've been adopting electric cars and their cities seem to be pleasant and look quite nice from what i have seen? and Netherlands for their focus on cycling networks.

If we could combine the thinking of these countries and figure ways for it to work in larger countries we'd be well on the way to making a brighter future, hell, even if we just got the rest of the world having the same attitudes towards electric cars and renewable energy as Iceland Norway and etc do we'd be making pretty big leeways.

Of course the one biggest issue that isn't so easy to solve is actually not having so much waste in the world and decreasing how much we consume and move to consuming it in a more sustainable way.

Probably one of the biggest issues is how unsustainable our use is for paper which means deforestation on large scales, if we could get the paper milling industries and plantation companies to use hemp paper that would help a lot since it's easier to grow and doesn't need quite as much space as normal trees and this would also mean there'd be more wood for crafts for things like furniture and etc.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
As far sustainability goes i think the countries we should use as examples would imo have to be Iceland, Norway, Greenland, Netherlands and etc.
Norway remains one of the biggest green-wash entities of modern times. Sure, internally they walk the walk, but they have been & still are an absolutely massive crude & refined oil & natural gas producer.

John U

MTB Precision
How were humans designed to live? Why and how were we designed that particular way?
They evolved to live as Hunters and gatherers. 10,000 years is a very short time on an evolutionary scale.
That form came out on top because it was better than the others. Evolution is just a continual bunch of specific circumstances.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They evolved to live as Hunters and gatherers. 10,000 years is a very short time on an evolutionary scale.
That form came out on top because it was better than the others. Evolution is just a continual bunch of specific circumstances.
This ^^
Humans have always worked together as a community (from my understanding)..
Interesting back yonder humans lived close enough to each other for functional reasons but still had a decent distance between seperating them. There was a sq km estimate somewhere.. it was very low numbers..
Humans are very adaptable but going from acreage to 40m2 in 100 years is pretty damn quick evolutionary wise.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
So if it's "incorrect" evolution why did it happen?

Isn't that it happened evidence that it should have?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't think I said it was "incorrect" evolutionary wise, more so not as "designed". Two diff things imo because
humans came about as the most adaptable species so it's no surprise that it has happened. Whether it's "right" or "wrong" for us is yet to be known.. Humans attraction to nature, ie mountain bikers, isn't random.
I remember learning in a landscape architecture lecture that public parks & gardens were created by the Roman empire for the sole purpose of calming a revolt by the lay people. By providing leisure and a natural landscape it created a sense of calm and distraction from how shit they were governing..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
If it happens then it is the natural way of things, the way things were 'designed'.

The evidence being that it happened.

Skydome

Norway remains one of the biggest green-wash entities of modern times. Sure, internally they walk the walk, but they have been & still are an absolutely massive crude & refined oil & natural gas producer.
that may be true but it is also my understanding that they tax this heavily and put it into a national infrastructure fund which, IIRC is now worth around a trillion and Norway's government are looking at dropping oil and gas so they are at as much at the mercy to oil price fluctuations.

Norway, excluding China of course, is also pretty big in adopting electric cars but China from my understanding is currently the biggest EV market.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
that may be true but it is also my understanding that they tax this heavily and put it into a national infrastructure fund which, IIRC is now worth around a trillion and Norway's government are looking at dropping oil and gas so they are at as much at the mercy to oil price fluctuations.

Norway, excluding China of course, is also pretty big in adopting electric cars but China from my understanding is currently the biggest EV market.
Oh good. They will one day stop being a major fossil fuel producer. Well done to them.

The atmosphere doesn’t care about good intentions...

Skydome

Oh good. They will one day stop being a major fossil fuel producer. Well done to them.

The atmosphere doesn’t care about good intentions...

From searching it's apparently by parliament now to approve it.

Never the less at least Norway taxes it heavily, from reading it attracts a standard 21 percent tax and another special tax of 51 percent or something and that money goes into a fund.

whereas we just let the companies tear it out of the ground cheaply and they don't even pay that much tax if any to do it, so in that respect Norway is still waaaaaaay ahead of us.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Oh don’t get me wrong, Straya sucks balls when it comes to impact per capita to the environment.

But Norway is very clever in marketing themselves - they have done extraordinarily well from polluting this planet & simultaneously being seen as a green entity. They are truly masterful.

Skydome

Sustainability isnt about power it is about waste minimisation overall. Get tge simple shit right first.
actually power is also another part of been sustainable along with not over doing your consumption on tree based shit which is why i mentioned going towards hemp paper to help ease deforestation.

The other is not fucking and multiplying like the plague and not taking up too much land because currently we're just spreading out and taken over what used to be good farming bush and forest land.

And of course the other big one is reducing wastage and making sure nothing or at least very very very little is wasted, because currently we waste a lot of food that could otherwise, if we gave a shit, be shipped off to Africa, I'm sure they'd be A-ok with food that was a bit old.

John U

MTB Precision
If the human race wants to survive it will need to overcome a lot of its instincts. Fucking (well, reproducing), fighting, and consuming, will all need to be minimised.