The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Keep at it !

Just 117km behind my revised target of 8000km. Renos are going well... life is good.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
1600km and 38,000 vert so far. Mtb only.

Deff no chance of reaching my 3000km goal now id say but happy to just keep building the vertical meters up more then the distance.

Travis.

scblack

Leucocholic
My goal is 4,000kms for 2017.
I've had to revise here. I had a massive work project implementing Oracle in our business, and the last couple of months I have a back giving me motor issues (loss of power and co-ordination of the left leg) so I am now aiming for 3,000kms.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Not sure if I will be back on the bike for bulk K's after off this morning. Craked 7,500km and 93,000m climbing. Seems to be about 1700km of dirt in that.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Farkin good effort there. What was the target?

I'm on 4400, will prob just crack 4600 by EOY, but just under a 1000 was on dirt. Booooo.

Farkin good effort there. What was the target?

I'm on 4400, will prob just crack 4600 by EOY, but just under a 1000 was on dirt. Booooo.
My initial target was 2000, I'm not a big rider and I don't commute (not coz I'm too far away, I could easily commute but we have no facilities, seems its only a head office permitted thing)

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Last year was 3000km. Goal was to match or beat this. Sitting on 5750km and gonna push for 6. Life is good.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
my goal was 4ooo [dirt only] -am cureecntly @4340 & i had hoped to aim for 100,000m elevation -thats not going to happen. [currently @72K+] i am thinking i might try to crack the 5000km, will have to do 2-3 road rides to make this up -im not really a rapha festive 500 guy but a couple of mates ar einto it big -i have to see if i can cobble together a road bike to go out on. we have a 100km gravel ride planned xmas eve & NYE

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my goal was 4ooo [dirt only] -am cureecntly @4340 & i had hoped to aim for 100,000m elevation -thats not going to happen. [currently @72K+] i am thinking i might try to crack the 5000km, will have to do 2-3 road rides to make this up -im not really a rapha festive 500 guy but a couple of mates ar einto it big -i have to see if i can cobble together a road bike to go out on. we have a 100km gravel ride planned xmas eve & NYE
yep most of the festive 500 rides are all road, good way to bang out the ks, but not the most exciting way. a big gravel grind would be good.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Goal was 4500km but only came in at:

~2500km (still a few rides left)
26,110 elevation
162 rides

I had a health issue take me out for 4+ months and I'm still only easing back into things now. Unsure exactly how that will go next year and also have a child on the way. However, you don't achieve anything unless you're ambitious so I'll aim for 4000km in 2018.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wanted to get to 3000km this year. Close, but at 2745 to date don't think I'll quite get there without a few stupid long rides on the road when I'd rather be bush riding. I should set an hours target, rather than kms.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My revised goal of 8000km is well within grasp, signed up for the Rapha Festive 500 (strava) so have to do 500km between X-mas eve and new years day, I've done it 3 times before so know what it entails. I'm back to work Boxing day so will try do 4 x 100km commutes then a couple of shortys to make the 500.

Hoping I get back to my normal 10-12k next year... 2017 has been the busiest year of my life, no more moving, no more investment property ideas... just an easy life for 2018 hopefully.

Attachments

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Work is killing me atm, so tired and no time for anything, but goal reached and work finishes tomorrow... Should be able to reach 3k by the end of the year.

Cracked a few milestones this year, first mountain bike event (bayview blast), longest mtb ride (65km), longest road ride (165km), most elevation in a single ride (2300m), fastest speed on a bike (78kph) and biggest instantaneous power output (1150w)

Let's see what next year brings and if I can top any of those records!

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Well my goal for this year was 3000 trail km`s and was on target to pass this easily until I snapped an achilles on the 12th this month ! So ended up with :
2,840 km`s
52,673 climbing
121 rides

I might get lucky and post some for late 2018 but have a long recovery ahead .