***SCAM *** Bikesworld.com.au *** SCAM ***

americo dias

Likes Bikes
Hey,
Has anyone purchased a bike from www.bikesworld.com.au ?
I have bought a bike from them on Wednesday 27th of December and haven't received a single piece of correspondence. Should I get the transaction overturned or am I overreacting?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bowral is a lovely little town. It would be a great weekender even if you don't get the cash back.

americo dias

Likes Bikes
I think you should drive to Bowral & look for them. They will be there somewhere I'm sure.
If I was sure they were I would and take the trusty sledge hammer to tickle their knees with.
I've looked into it a little further and the bank account details provided are for a bank in Bondi Junction which is over an hour from Bowral so I don't think they are there as you would find a more locally based bank. I have put a dispute through and they are pretty confident they'll get it back only down side is that it may take up to 6 weeks. C'est la vie.

MRO

Likes Dirt
I cant believe people still get scammed by these sites. A new one pops up every day. Paying by bank transfer, limited details available on the store or having to ask on the internet if the shop is real - all obvious signs it is a scam.

americo dias

Likes Bikes
Well believe it mate.
The facts are that they "offered" the bike I wanted for about $300 less than bicyclesonline and that's considerable, the bank account is an Australian one and the website looks legit. It sends automated messages when you register, sends you a newsletter, a receipt for your order, etc. I only asked about it after a week of waiting and on my wife's suggestion.
I might not see that money again, though my bank seems pretty confident I should, and for some that may be a little bump in the road but for me the price of that bike is what I make in a fortnight. You can imagine how long it took me to save up that money between bills, rent and everyday expenses but also how hard it was to get past my wife. So i had a choice: either wait another couple of months and get it from bicyclesonline or buy it from bikesworld and save $300 in the process. Well, we all know how that turned out for me. The poor man pays twice they say and it sure rings true now.

Reactions: T.3

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well believe it mate.
The facts are that they "offered" the bike I wanted for about $300 less than bicyclesonline and that's considerable, the bank account is an Australian one and the website looks legit. It sends automated messages when you register, sends you a newsletter, a receipt for your order, etc. I only asked about it after a week of waiting and on my wife's suggestion.
I might not see that money again, though my bank seems pretty confident I should, and for some that may be a little bump in the road but for me the price of that bike is what I make in a fortnight. You can imagine how long it took me to save up that money between bills, rent and everyday expenses but also how hard it was to get past my wife. So i had a choice: either wait another couple of months and get it from bicyclesonline or buy it from bikesworld and save $300 in the process. Well, we all know how that turned out for me. The poor man pays twice they say and it sure rings true now.
They're not just closed for Christmas and holidays are they?

americo dias

Likes Bikes
They're not just closed for Christmas and holidays are they?
Check this out: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/352450

It's definitely a scam and unfortunately I am not the only one.
This hasn't got me upset but absolutely furious. This low life pos is scamming people and cheating them out of their hard earned and I am sure there are others in worse positions than me that would be feeling it even worse. Imagine spending a grand on bikes for your kids that never show, that might be you forgoing a lot to offer that to them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
To prevent people skimming this article and not realising you (and apparently quite a few others) were scammed, can you update the title to indicate that this is a scam site please?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Works a treat. You have now contributed to helping others not get fucked over. Next move is to plan the trip to Bowral.
While you are all at beautiful downtown Bowral, keep a lookout for the Back to the Future DeLorean that sometimes parks in the main road, aptly and officially called Bong Bong Street. When one Bong is not enough.

The DeLorean is pretty damn cool.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Can anyone whois
While you are all at beautiful downtown Bowral, keep a lookout for the Back to the Future DeLorean that sometimes parks in the main road, aptly and officially called Bong Bong Street. When one Bong is not enough.

The DeLorean is pretty damn cool.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
one is never enough... can anyone not using a japanese keyboard whois demain query this fat stain?