VIC ********* Warburton MTB Trails Update *********** PLEASE READ **********

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Get fitter lol. It probably wouldn't be doing the area any favours if people started shuttling that trail.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I finally made it up to Hey Hey My My on the weekend and the trail is pretty damn good. Killer hike up however, does anyone know if you can shuttle the 4X4 track?
There's a trail up that isn't too bad I'm told.

For anyone who rides the all mountain trail which follows the road DELWP today have completely destroyed it they have been down what I think was the entire trail (I only walked the first part) and destroyed all the jumps, dislodged rocks, have chucked trees, logs and scrubs over the entire trail to make unridable. They actually spent wages for 5 people for a whole day (maybe more) to destroy a trail.

Can't believe it as trail was in good condition after it had been cleaned up and had the jumps rebuilt.

teK--

Eats Squid
For anyone who rides the all mountain trail which follows the road DELWP today have completely destroyed it they have been down what I think was the entire trail (I only walked the first part) and destroyed all the jumps, dislodged rocks, have chucked trees, logs and scrubs over the entire trail to make unridable. They actually spent wages for 5 people for a whole day (maybe more) to destroy a trail.

Can't believe it as trail was in good condition after it had been cleaned up and had the jumps rebuilt.
So lame but such a shame... RIP Warbuton.

Was it definitely DELWP and not some locals?
Nah mate it was definitely DELWP, the only reason I know is I was actually going up there to ride it when they had just finished doing it, I saw them parked down the bottom just finishing off the job where they told me it was them. They wasted wages for 5 people for a day just to destroy the track.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
What do you even mean, how is dislodging rocks and cutting down small trees, pulling out scrubs and cutting off tree branches land restoration.
Stopping trail use and therefore allowing nature to re-establish itself perhaps?

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
What do you even mean, how is dislodging rocks and cutting down small trees, pulling out scrubs and cutting off tree branches land restoration.
Just saying chill out a bit with your accusations and attacks. Neither of us know their agenda for that bit of land. Don't make them out to be cowboys out to destroy the landscape.

Just saying chill out a bit with your accusations and attacks. Neither of us know their agenda for that bit of land. Don't make them out to be cowboys out to destroy the landscape.
Not mate, just wondering why they decided to do this now as the trail have been there for like 10 years.

See my comment above.
1. Cutting down trees, dislodging rocks is destroying landscape not regenerating it.

2. When I was there the DELWP workers said that those particular trails are going to be rebuilt (don't know by who), next year. So why would you completely destroy a trail that and then as you say "regenerate it" for a year then allow trails to be built there after that. Seems completely illogical.