Formula One world championship

beejay

Likes Dirt
Stupid move on Vettels part.
Hopefully the redbulls are going strong by Singapore because I just bought tickets to the race :thumb:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Dan may well have won because others faltered, but Hammy's loose cockpit crashpad thingo was an epic team fail & deserved to lose him the win.

If he had not won just because Vettel-turd ran into him, that'd be a different matter.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The FIA is looking into the issue and whether the 10 second penalty was enough. Noting the general outcry that the penalty was piss weak I would expect a grid penalty in Austria.
He also got 3 demerit points on his superlicense, giving him 9 active in the past 12 months. 3 more will give him a one race ban.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I saw some snippets of the Vettel Hamilton thing and thought "Big fucking deal". F1 is the soccer of motor racing with a bunch of pompous pussies rolling around being whining bitches. I'm baffled, you get two guys racing (a very rare sight in F1) and one makes slight contact mid turn during a pass (another rare sight) and the whole F1 world says "it's the pass of the year! So great to see that aggression!". A guy does it behind a safety car at minimal speed and he's a super dooper bad guy? Yawn, thats the biggest media out of the sport this year and it's lame.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It was all Verstapens fault. Crazy Deutch.

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk
IMO, Raikkonen did a Mark Cuntvendish move, trying to force his way through a gap that was too small. Looks initially like Verstappen cut him off, but when you look at the footage from Verstappens POV, Raikkonen just appears, and it's all over red rover. Vettel was moving left on an intercept course, which may have prompted Verstappen to move left as well. Clusterfucks all round.

[video=youtube;wAOMOmsqpUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAOMOmsqpUY[/video]

Plow King

Little bit.
Did y'all see Richiardo drop a fart in the middle of the press conference after Singapore? Damn he is a frigg'n legend!! HAHA
Hah. I missed that. Need to go back and watch it.
IMO, Raikkonen did a Mark Cuntvendish move, trying to force his way through a gap that was too small. Looks initially like Verstappen cut him off, but when you look at the footage from Verstappens POV, Raikkonen just appears, and it's all over red rover. Vettel was moving left on an intercept course, which may have prompted Verstappen to move left as well. Clusterfucks all round.

[video=youtube;wAOMOmsqpUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAOMOmsqpUY[/video]
Yeah was definately Vettels fault. Totally pointless move. They had the pace all weekend why would he bother risking everything to retain a place especially then the viabability was terrible.

Plow King

Little bit.
2018 season.

I've almost given up. Will be intardasting to see how Mclaren go.

It will be hilarious if the Renault engine is as unreliable as last years

Plow King

Little bit.
Last season wasn't actually too bad in comparison to previous years. But we will see how it pans out I guess.

Let's see how many Iives the Halo saves...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The new owners are doing great things to improve F1. Grid girls? Pffft, no one looks at them but kids they do! Lets fucking replace fashionable beautiful women and dudes who model for a career and replace them with children who drive on Dad's budget in low ranked formulas!
What a stupid category it has become. There is no way it is the pinnacle of driver capability and it's nothing more than mobile billboards for cashed up money launderers.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
The new owners are doing great things to improve F1. Grid girls? Pffft, no one looks at them but kids they do! Lets fucking replace fashionable beautiful women and dudes who model for a career and replace them with children who drive on Dad's budget in low ranked formulas!
What a stupid category it has become. There is no way it is the pinnacle of driver capability and it's nothing more than mobile billboards for cashed up money launderers.
did you conduct a survey to find out that no one looks at grid girls?

because I sure as hell as do.

guess i'll just have to flick through tinder whilst i wait or something now

scblack

Leucocholic
Its been several years since I was last actually interested in an F1 race. I used to follow very closely. Snore...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
did you conduct a survey to find out that no one looks at grid girls?

because I sure as hell as do.

guess i'll just have to flick through tinder whilst i wait or something now
I've got some friends who model and friends who've been grid dogs a few times, even a coupleof bloke mates who've done it and none of them have said they didn't enjoy it. In fact, they've all said its bloody awesome and they've been in places where the general public can only dream of. I really can't understand the logic behind whoever made this call but it's gotta be political correctness at it's finest.
Some examples of the worth of grid girls:
-1997; Peter Brock's last visit racing a touring car at Oran Park. He's signing stuff for one hour and people have queued up to get a scribble from the end of the previous race. Here come the Mobil 1 Gid girls to get photos with the fans to move the crowd around a bit and I shit you not, half the lineup for an autograph moved over for a photo with these gorgeous women.
-2008 Australian Grand Prix; it's 98 degrees celsius in Melbourne on race day and the shaded areas of the bars are packed on the golf course side of the track. The Porsche race is about to start and most people have bailed to grab a stubbie and a pie and the hill on turn 12 is almost empty except for the seats and rugs holding people's spots. The F1 promo girls appear and get some calls for photos and selfies etc etc and the hill is alive again with kids and every red blooded male and lively female wanting in on it.
-2013 Singapore Grand Prix; Again, a flock of beautiful girls being paid to work at the event appear and have an official photo shoot by the edge of the bay. There's about ten people standing nearby and a few get in a good spot and take a photo. The F1 session is about 20 minutes from starting and these girls sit down on the steps next to the bay for a breather and within ten minutes, there's 50,078 Singaporean dudes lining up for photos with them.
-2016 NASCAR in Las Vegas. Fuck me, what a show. Every team has an amazing setup in the public access area displaying their team gear, some more than others and some of the manufacturers have several trucks and trailers setup as a roadside cinema showing all their rad stuff relating to NASCAR. The whole place is packed with this stuff behind the grandstand and the biggest crowds are gathered where the girls are on show.
For what it's worth, I couldn't really care less what F1 does though, it's batshit boring and not relevant to me anymore. I believe in change being a good thing but not for everything and these guys need a good kick in the ear for making some of the calls they make, they seem pretty dumb. I don't know what intention they have with girls at venues doing this sort of fan interaction and if its just removing the attraction from the grid but either way, its taking great opportunities away from models who live their lives striving to make a stage like that. They'll no doubt go somewhere else but its a bloody shame to see.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
yeah it sucks and it's just taken away jobs from the models that could jump start their modelling career.

feminist/brigaders seem to love taking away modelling jobs from these women, I don't understand it tbh

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
yeah it sucks and it's just taken away jobs from the models that could jump start their modelling career.

feminist/brigaders seem to love taking away modelling jobs from these women, I don't understand it tbh
How do you view male models?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk