Yari + avalanche cartridge

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As i understand it the yari shares the same chassis as the lyrik with the only difference being the motion control damper.

I have been reading about people who buy the fork with the intention of replacing the damper with a custom tuned avalanche damper.

I contacted avalanche and they are happy to have forks sent directly there from the states where they will install their custom damper for you and then post it over to aus.

Being able to buy in the states and ship directly to avalanche means that you can save a bit of money buying the yari on ebay / amazon ect.

When i priced it up it would come to a similar price or less than a new diamond boost or cane creek helm fork except that is is completely customised for the individual.

Seems like a pretty good option for anyone looking at buying a new fork.

Does anybody on here have any experience with avalanche?

teK--

Eats Squid
As i understand it the yari shares the same chassis as the lyrik with the only difference being the motion control damper.

I have been reading about people who buy the fork with the intention of replacing the damper with a custom tuned avalanche damper.

I contacted avalanche and they are happy to have forks sent directly there from the states where they will install their custom damper for you and then post it over to aus.

Being able to buy in the states and ship directly to avalanche means that you can save a bit of money buying the yari on ebay / amazon ect.

When i priced it up it would come to a similar price or less than a new diamond boost or cane creek helm fork except that is is completely customised for the individual.

Seems like a pretty good option for anyone looking at buying a new fork.

Does anybody on here have any experience with avalanche?
Yep had an Avalanche in a fox 34 it was amazing.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Did you ever go through with the conversion Drizzle? I've got a Yari that I'm considering doing this to.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you ever go through with the conversion Drizzle? I've got a Yari that I'm considering doing this to.

Nah mate, i ended up getting a helm. The price was right and i had dreams of a coil conversion.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
For anyone running a Yari/Lyrik I can highly reccomend the blueprinting service for the air spring.

I'm running a 120mm on my 29er hardtail and was loving it around Manly Dam this morning. It allowed the fork to track the choppy downhill bits well.

The motion control damper isn't the best but for trail/xc work it works well enough with the Yari's stiff chassis.