Little Things You Hate

haulrs

Likes Bikes
As an electrical tradesman , I have a little time for diy people... who can do my” job”...then want me to sign it off..
clearly these are the same people who ride with out helmets..
also I hate most architects

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)

Flow-Rider

Burner
^^^ Dafuk? Surely it was just a lodgement failure...surely he submitted the plans & drawings & carried out all the other stuff with council???
It's what some of them do here, I've seen it too. One dick built a huge house on a major flood zone and council refused to allow them to hook power and water to it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
As an electrical tradesman , I have a little time for diy people... who can do my” job”...then want me to sign it off..
clearly these are the same people who ride with out helmets..
also I hate most architects

Wait till you have to help a commercial architect who tells you dead pan to your face "sorry you will need to go speak to the draftsman, I cannot visualise in a 3D manner"

WTF!

Mica

Likes Dirt
Wait till you have to help a commercial architect who tells you dead pan to your face "sorry you will need to go speak to the draftsman, I cannot visualise in a 3D manner"

WTF!
I’ve had a senior engineer on a very large infrastructure project tell me “he’s not very good at reading plans”

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

WTF!
Old school architect me thinks, probably draws everything on paper by hand and gives it to the draftsman to transfer it into CAD... These guys have good ideas but are dinosaurs now 3D visualisation is quick and easy..

I had a landscaper tell me he couldn't dig a 300mm wide by 300mm deep hole because he could fit the escavator in to do it.. Soil was soaked after 50mm of rain.
Shovel dodgers..
When I have to plant out 900 plants I won't have a fkn escavator..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Simon Sinek has publish some great work regarding being to the left side of the bell curve.

http://blog.startwithwhy.com/refocus/2015/12/the-weirdos.html

These fuckwit architects I believe are to the right.

You can self asses where you think you fall on the bell curve.
Great blog post there link1896..
Have to admit I am on the left of the curve. All my work has been in the creative field. athough it's mixed with manual labor as well..
I run a couple of businesses the main one atm is landscape design and I do the manual soft scaping whenever I can.. I have a vision no one else sees, thank god for 3d.. It's a blessing but most clients won't cough up the cash for it..
The thing I find with creatives is that we don't communicate well.. I assume everyone can see what I see, and I don't suffer fools. Not a great mix..
I personally make assumptions that contractors can think for themselves and can use common sense to make small decisions. I don't want to bust their balls and they get to put their own personal touch on a project. It's all about a bit of ownership with my jobs.. The thing I find is unless it's an experienced worker (middle left of the bell) they generally capitulate under the pressure.. The blank piece of paper, ie no concrete direction, just sinks them.
I can relate to architects, (although so many of them are wankers) it is an all consuming job to come up with something new and amazing. The ideas don't happen 9-5 it's a hard stressful process. They finally get their plans down and then have no idea how to articulate to everyday workers/tradies/builders what they want to achieve.. Which doesn't work out well when the job runs over time and cost because they keep chopping and changing..
A little off topic but the trade I most admire are chippies. They have to plan, create, build, problem solve, communicate and basically be a jack of all trades..

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
People that speed up when overtaking lanes start...

Oh yes. This is a Tasmanian favourite.
10-15 km/h under limit...until the overtaking lane. Then floor it when everyone is trying to pass.

Farken chunts.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Oh yes. This is a Tasmanian favourite.
10-15 km/h under limit...until the overtaking lane. Then floor it when everyone is trying to pass.

Farken chunts.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
It’s everywhere. It’s just psychology - the slow ones are nervous, and having you on their tail makes them more nervous. When the road widens with an overtaking lane, people speed up without realising they’re doing it because it doesn’t feel as fast with more space around.

No one does it to be deliberately annoying.