Chunt of the year.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Whilst we're calling on Telstra...

Home internet connection dies for no good reason about 2 weeks ago, takes a weekend and two days for the Telstra tech to sort out. Problem: exchange records not up to date, some numpty technician disconnected our line to assign to another punter. The calling tech said he'd make sure the records updated so it doesn't happen again. Home internet shits itself again two days ago, same bloody reason again.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily

Home internet connection dies for no good reason about 2 weeks ago, takes a weekend and two days for the Telstra tech to sort out. Problem: exchange records not up to date, some numpty technician disconnected our line to assign to another punter. The calling tech said he'd make sure the records updated so it doesn't happen again. Home internet shits itself again two days ago, same bloody reason again.
Life was so much easier before mobiles and internet. To add to the problem, I no longer use a fixed line or fax...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Cable records have been on a slow spiral to hell ever since they farmed it off to third parties to maintain. Consumer cable records were never too stellar to begin with.

I remember well tracing jumpers on MDF's and IDF's but was always much better in exchange buildings.

I'm more worried that they pull out the right fibre now.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You have a fixed phone line or just use the copper for a DSL connection, Nambra?

The reason I ask is that tech often use dial tone as a way to determine if a pair is used or not. No fixed phone, no dial tone, no DSL for you!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Life was so much easier before mobiles and internet. To add to the problem, I no longer use a fixed line or fax...
Life was easier with dial tone too. Naked DSL like services always added a layer of challenge for tech's used to plain old telephone services which have dwindled away.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Nambra

You have a fixed phone line or just use the copper for a DSL connection, Nambra?

The reason I ask is that tech often use dial tone as a way to determine if a pair is used or not. No fixed phone, no dial tone, no DSL for you!
Fixed line but running a naked ADSL service, so I don't have a dial tone as far as I know.

Funny thing is that when the tech came to the house when it was kaput the first time and tested the line, he found a dial tone according to my wife. So it was a case of dial tone but no DSL!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Ah ha! They had patched you onto someone else’s service.

So that’s two houses with nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nambra

Seems to be the case - there are all sorts of shenanigans going on. About an hour after the service got cut of the second time, I found a tech down the road poking around in one of those grey roadside termination pillars, sorting out someone else's issues. I stopped and asked him if he had done anything to my internet connection, and got the usual "nah mate, nothing to do with me" - possibly the truth, but if he was also the pelican in the exchange an hour earlier that disconnected us again... It was about 4pm and I asked if he could do anything to help me out. "Nope, I'm going home, you'll have to call through the fault."

Then there's my ISP (not Telstra) - when I call them to report the loss of service the second time, they tell me that Telstra never told them they'd fixed it the first time and despite that it was working, my ISP's system logs indicated that I'd last connected on the 9th (the date of the original fault/fuck up).

There's no sense to any of it - I can't wait until the NBN rolls out in my area during the second half of the year. That's going to be a special sort of clusterfuck to have to deal with. My current woes will be the equivalent of plucking a nose-hair compared to the extraction of a metre-long tapeworm that will be the NBN.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
There's no sense to any of it...
You've hit the nail on the head!

We've got a dodgy remote DSLAM/min-exchange thingo in the suburb carpark that terminates a fibre connection to the exchange across Port Hacking. The enclosure itself leaks in heavy rain and the equipment within it is essentially farked.

One tech has written "welcome to hell" inside one of the external doors.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I'm engaged in an epic battle right now with Telstra too. Had the NBN connected mid last year... was getting 40-50 Mbs download, so was quite happy. In December, my speed suddenly dropped to 10 Mbs. I complained and rang constantly for weeks... speed was restored to about 30 Mbs.... so I could live with that. Last weekend, my speed dropped to 9 Mbs and has remained there. I lodged another fault report yesterday, and after much testing (remotely from India of course) Telstra has declared that there is no fault, it's just that my phone line is not capable of higher than the 20 Mbs base speed.

I pointed out that I was getting 40 Mbs only a few months ago on the very same phone line. I also pointed out that I'm dreaming of actually getting 20 Mbs at present... never mind the 50 Mbs I'm actually paying for. At the end of the day... what can you do about it... can't go down the road and confront them about it... any complaint lines are to some poor bugger working for minimum wages in India... it's not his bloody fault. The Chunts just make you feel powerless.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Fucking Telstra. /thread I nearly actually wept the day the Liberal party got voted in in 2013 and they took a fist and shoved it right up the ass of the NBN.

Fucking neo-liberal trickle down globalists.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm engaged in an epic battle right now with Telstra too. Had the NBN connected mid last year... was getting 40-50 Mbs download, so was quite happy. In December, my speed suddenly dropped to 10 Mbs.
1. Get trouble ticket number that you have with Telstra.
2. Get in touch with your local member. They all have a nominated 'secret' contact in Telstra that can crack the whip. Telstra must respond to a query from an elected politician.
3. If no action then strip off naked and paint yourself in fluoro paint and go to the front of their Corporate HQ at 242 Exhibition Street Melbourne and protest. This will do nothing but would make a great news story for the rest of us Burner's to watch on the nightly news.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Yeah not sure, it may be a joke.

There are people out there that buy wrecks from auctions and rebuild them. I've worked on a few before and they're just a nightmare, a bloke crashed a VT SS and his mate bought it from him and transferred all the parts onto another body. Everything was assembled incorrectly on it, just about every computer warning light flashed. They crushed the air bag wiring under the seat rails, steering air bag spring clock was assembled out of phase and the wiring broke. a lot of the interior clips were broken and everything rattled inside the car.
I work with a bloke that regularly goes to the auctions & buys wrecked / flooded / rolled Subaru's & then does the back yard mix 'n' match slap-up rebuild. He tries to make a buck, but rarely does.
He has sold a few....usually with airbag issues, wrong Powertrain modules (ECU/TCU), bent steering, incomplete electrics....you name it.
He's often confused why people go for a test drive & then say 'no thank you' !!
What I can't understand is how the fark he gets 'em re-registered ?!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Therese Butler

Cunt of the millennium!

I'm done with reading the news, it's just one selfish cunt stacked on another. If anyone wants me, I'll be in a dark corner rocking like an autistic kid on crack....

moorey

call me Mia
Therese Butler

Cunt of the millennium!

I'm done with reading the news, it's just one selfish cunt stacked on another. If anyone wants me, I'll be in a dark corner rocking like an autistic kid on crack....
Utter utter....
I wish I could say it was an anomaly...but it’s not unknown with the kids I work with :(:mad: