Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
Seems like they are not part of the sram geoblock. I have zee stuff on the hardtail and get on with it ok, but overall just prefer the sram shifter ergonomics. Makes more sense to have a system where you can keep index finger on the brakes whist shifting ( and commence controversy....).
Wait...why is your index finger coming off with Shimano? It’s push push....unless you choose to release with finger. It has that option, unlike Sram...

moorey

call me Mia
Looks schmick
Was that from the FB sale ad last year where there were 2 transition frames up for sale?
Yep. I was chasing it for a mate...and missed it. It came up again a few months ago as complete bike. I negotiated the frame alone for another mate...then he pulled out. I still bought it hoping to convince him he needs it. Cuss him now, I love this thing.
The guy sold it, wanting a 27.5. Turns out it basically is. The 2015 at least is virtually identical to the 2016 Patrol.
It’s kind of a quiver killer for me. About same weight, and pedals as well as the Spitfire, and a chunk lighter, yet feels as capable as the Rune.
Early days (6 days in), but after 3 trail rides and a dh shuttle evening on it, I’m in love.
Whether it’s actually faster, or just FEELS faster, I don’t care. It feels like I’m riding faster, and it’s all about dem feels.

Ps, no shock on the Merlin frames?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Yep. I was chasing it for a mate...and missed it. It came up again a few months ago as complete bike. I negotiated the frame alone for another mate...then he pulled out. I still bought it hoping to convince him he needs it. Cuss him now, I love this thing.
The guy sold it, wanting a 27.5. Turns out it basically is. The 2015 at least is virtually identical to the 2016 Patrol.
It’s kind of a quiver killer for me. About same weight, and pedals as well as the Spitfire, and a chunk lighter, yet feels as capable as the Rune.
Early days (6 days in), but after 3 trail rides and a dh shuttle evening on it, I’m in love.
Whether it’s actually faster, or just FEELS faster, I don’t care. It feels like I’m riding faster, and it’s all about dem feels.

Ps, no shock on the Merlin frames?
Sounds like having slack mates worked out for you .. ha.
I was going to grab it when it came up but was too late. Send it my way when you're done with it ;)

Hmm good point, doesn't mention shock anywhere in text .. just assuming it's in the picture and usually the norm nowadays ... but after the blackspire cog mistake on Wiggle the other day ... can't seem to trust photos.

moorey

call me Mia
Get on that PYR! Interested to hear thoughts vs the Spitty..
PYR up last night. Very different beasts, is all. Might make some changes to spitty now, lighten it, and maybe even try it again as 27.5. Spitty is such a versatile bike, I can ride it on 60km xc rides, 5 day enduros, or DH days with just a wheel change. The Tranny will probably stick to enduro and light dh duties, with that bit more travel.
Neither will be getting covered in cobwebs, I can promise you that....although the Rune might get used a bit less.