The stupid questions thread.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...so, played around with B-pivot adjuster to no avail. Continued searching the weberous and it was my B-link that was in the vertical position, not horizontal likes its supposed to be - Woo! Now time to fine tune the fucker.

stirk

Burner
...so, played around with B-pivot adjuster to no avail. Continued searching the weberous and it was my B-link that was in the vertical position, not horizontal likes its supposed to be - Woo! Now time to fine tune the fuckwits thread.

Jpez

Down on the left!
You'd be better off to let all the air out then secure the bike. Alternatively secure it upside down. This puts mote weights at the bottom and gives (via handle bars) a wider base.
Yeah nup. Can’t see myself letting the air out and replacing twice an outing. Just too lazy for that. And the bike sits between two tool boxes so not enough room for the bars to sit.
Are you suggesting this because sustained compression is no good for a fork or more just in case?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Letting air out was a jest. Suggesting upside down as in my experience it is more reliable and requires less force when trying to stand a bike up on a Ute tray or trailer. Personally I prefer a rack or similar.

I'd be worried about this sustained compression. If left long enough the oil could coagulate half in half out and not allow a full return of travel, or further compression.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's fine as long as you don't wrench it down, just enough to be snug, don't overthink it. Alternatively consider securing to part of the bike that doesn't compress e.g. wheels, fork lowers, hollow axle maybe. And put a safety tether on in case primary strap let's go.

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Installing new shifter for the rear derailleur.
- pulled cable through frame and then through rear derailleur, pulled firm and tightened up.
- shifter now only moves up and down two clicks.
- let the tension off cable, shifter still only moves two positions.

Its an xtr shifter. What have I farked?
You’ve used a front shifter

Jpez

Down on the left!
Letting air out was a jest. Suggesting upside down as in my experience it is more reliable and requires less force when trying to stand a bike up on a Ute tray or trailer. Personally I prefer a rack or similar.

I'd be worried about this sustained compression. If left long enough the oil could coagulate half in half out and not allow a full return of travel, or further compression.
It's fine as long as you don't wrench it down, just enough to be snug, don't overthink it. Alternatively consider securing to part of the bike that doesn't compress e.g. wheels, fork lowers, hollow axle maybe. And put a safety tether on in case primary strap let's go.
Cool thanks guys.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Looking at a pto powered one tomorrow. 30t. Easy to position big stuff and very stable stuck to the tractor. Might be too slow tbough. Will test.
Got a PTO driven post driver? We used to use a hydraulic splitter but it was too slow for a commercial outfit. Welded up a wedge block attachment for the post driver, worked about 3x as fast, but really needed a minimum 2 operators.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a PTO driven post driver? We used to use a hydraulic splitter but it was too slow for a commercial outfit. Welded up a wedge block attachment for the post driver, worked about 3x as fast, but really needed a minimum 2 operators.
I like your thinking. But, farrrrk I could see things going wrong very quickly!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I like your thinking. But, farrrrk I could see things going wrong very quickly!
Funnily enuff, it does get messy if you're not careful. My grandfather copped one in the scon when his idiot brother took his hand off the tensioner, at the wrong moment, to scratch his balls. Blood for days.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Work cover would be most interested in this...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Work cover would be most interested in this...
Pffffft........there be fuck all work safe around when you're stealing wood from the middle of the state Forrest, with 2 septuagenarians, a morbidly obese middle aged dude, and an 18 yo with an enthusiastic attitude towards daytime drinking and a disturbing fascination with his The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bootleg VHS tape.

Pretty sure OH&S was frowned upon in the late 80s, early 90s.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Pffffft........there be fuck all work safe around when you're stealing wood from the middle of the state Forrest, with 2 septuagenarians, a morbidly obese middle aged dude, and an 18 yo with an enthusiastic attitude towards daytime drinking and a disturbing fascination with his The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bootleg VHS tape.

Pretty sure OH&S was frowned upon in the late 80s, early 90s.....
This sounds like the beginnings of a good horror movie...I'm thinking man from snowy River meets deliverance, but Park rangers rather than horsemen and firewood thieves rather than inbred cannibal hill billies. Actually might leave the cannibal bit in...

scblack

Leucocholic
This sounds like the beginnings of a good horror movie...I'm thinking man from snowy River meets deliverance, but Park rangers rather than horsemen and firewood thieves rather than inbred cannibal hill billies. Actually might leave the cannibal bit in...
My mind is seeing: the fat Plumpton bogan with a skinny teenager and two versions of Homer's dad. Best result would be a dark comedy I think.