Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

Toxic

Likes Dirt
Saw the same sign on Sunday, but haven't been past for the last two mornings (it's out of my way and I forget at 5am).

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have Your Say "Downhill Bike Track Knapsack Reserve" - BMCC

from the Blue Mountains Gazette by the BMCC.

Have Your Say Downhill Bike Track Knapsack Reserve

The Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for the Knapsack Park Mountain Bike Plan is now on public exhibition.

Public exhibition closes: 5pm 15 August 2011
Closing date for public submissions: 5pm 29 August 2011

Have Your Say

The REF and submission forms are available at:

-online www.bluemountainshaveyoursay.com.au/downhillbiketrack
-Council's Sprinwood and Katoomba offices
-Springwood, Blaxland and Katoomba libraries

Public Meeting

Interested persons are invited to attend a public meeting to review and discuss the REF followed by an onsite walk of the proposed bike track.

Sunday 7 August 1-4pm
Soccer Clubhouse
Knapsack Park (cnr Levy & Barnett Sts Glenbrook)

Also from that page

"Making a Comment is NOT making a Submission

Please note that comments made through this website are anonymous and as such cannot be considered as a formal public submission on the REF. However, a summary of all comments made through this website will be provided to Councillors along with public submissions to be considered when finalising the Plan.

Formal submissions on the Review of Environmental Factors (REF) for the Knapsack Park Mountain Bike Plan are welcome and encouraged.
"

So http://bluemountainshaveyoursay.com.au/document/show/258 has the submission form you can either post or email back to council.

Do this and don't rely on someone else. These have to be done by 29 Aug 2011.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Knapsack Reserve Downhill Bike Plan goes to Council for final approval this Tuesday

Finally the plan for the Knapsack Reserve DH track goes to council for final approval this Tuesday night the 13th March.

The plan has recently come back from an indepedant Commonwealth assessment on its environmental impact as not a problem. So we have a good chance of it being passed by the councillors however we need to lobby to show support for the plan.

Essentailly if people could write a short email to coucillors stating their support for the plan that would be great.

If anyone can turn up on the night at Council Chambers Katoomba at 7:30pm that would also be a great show of strength and interest.

Councillor email addresses can be found here

http://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/yourcouncil/councillors

or more easily in this post on BMORC.com where you just click on the link

http://bmorc.com/node/34608

If this gets approved its a great step forward for trails in the Blue Mountains and also has ramifications elsewhere.

Last edited:

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Knapsack Reserve Build Day Saturday 11th August

BMORC and BMCC are having a build day at Knapsack reserve starting on the conversion of a section of trail into the beginning section of the DH.

Volunteers are needed and most welcome... full details here at BMORC.com

http://bmorc.com/node/36906

hathill

Likes Dirt
Zombies at Wentworth Falls

Beware - there is currently a high level of zombie activity in the area.
An unwanted encounter with the un-dead may lead to severe injuries along with being co-opted into this slowly marching army of brain hungry, soulless corpses.
At least they won't be taking any KOM's off you on Strava.
Activity is due to cease after next weekend (12/13/14 July) due to preparations in moving the hideous ghouls to Canberra to feast on the carcass of the Labor party after the Federal election.

Check out the action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yFrGrH5zfbg

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Oh my god the turgid thread has been dug up, that movie looks awesome, cheap imitation beside zombieland though!
Hows it going boys??

DeBloot

Feeling old
We were talking about you last weekend Todd
Well, Gab asked how you were when he made the trek up to Scribbs

How are you and Jeff going down there
We need to post up some rides and get our arses down to Winmalee

I spend so much time up here without leaving
I've grown an extra head

BM Epic

Eats Squid
We were talking about you last weekend Todd
Well, Gab asked how you were when he made the trek up to Scribbs

How are you and Jeff going down there
We need to post up some rides and get our arses down to Winmalee

I spend so much time up here without leaving
I've grown an extra head
I pretty much have finished the track here at winmalee, its about 4.5ks, it leads to the fall line and grotto run which you have ridden, i have to go down to fix the grotto run, our mate the skidding dickhead completely ruined it by making a massive berm which caused a lot of water problems and created a massive sinkhole, so i will get down there and fix it soon, havent been riding much, just ride out to fix and build, jeff had an operation on his wrist, he hasnt ridden for awhile, i think we should get a ride going soon, through here, make a new thread!!!!

stirk

Burner
I pretty much have finished the track here at winmalee, its about 4.5ks, it leads to the fall line and grotto run which you have ridden, i have to go down to fix the grotto run, our mate the skidding dickhead completely ruined it by making a massive berm which caused a lot of water problems and created a massive sinkhole, so i will get down there and fix it soon, havent been riding much, just ride out to fix and build, jeff had an operation on his wrist, he hasnt ridden for awhile, i think we should get a ride going soon, through here, make a new thread!!!!
Very nice trails mate, I really enjoy riding in there. Last time I saw the grotto run it was badly eroded so more like a loose DH rock garden.

climberman

Likes Dirt
To capitalise on a wonderful thread resurrection, what’s the go with Hassans Walls at present? The +1 and I might be in the mountains later in the week and am wondering what’s around that is a bit more descent than xc circles.
TIA

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
If people still monitor this ... Synergy Build day 29th Jun.
Unsure on the plan but would be good to see a few of you peeps again even if its for a pedal after the dig.
I'll try to update this thread ... but will be focused on getting info on FB more ... soz