What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trimmed the hoses on the Prime. The Reverb and the rear brake were a touch too long and made a bit of a mess of the cockpit.

Amazingly, the Reverb didn't even need a bleed.

Put the 160mm Lyriks back on and love them. The 140mm Fox 34s got a lowers service and feel much better.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Took the new rocket to Fox Creek. Took longer to get there than anticipated so only got 1 lap in before I had to head back to town. Sucks cos I was riding it better than yesterday. My brain couldn't keep up with the speed of it.

Definitely driving the bike there next time and spending a few hours going nuts

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Headed to Wylde for a few laps with the regular posse. 10 minutes in the rain came and it turned into a sticky, slippery, muddy mess. As a result only one lap was ridden, followed by making good use of the bike-wash (and person wash!) facilities. Must say that despite the gunk the XT 1 x 11 performed absolutely flawlessly. Rear tyre has seen better days and offered absolutely ZERO traction!

View attachment 344456 View attachment 344457
I was considering Wylde but did Manly Dam instead. It definitely wasn't as muddy, although still had some puddles up top. Hmmm the Oaks might have been better although the single track may have been a bog.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hmmm the Oaks might have been better although the single track may have been a bog.
It was a bit wet up there too. A friend did Lawsons and Oaks today and the bike didn't look that bad afterwards considering.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Too Hot to wear all that stuff like Robo Cop ATM.
I'll buy that for a dollar !!

This weather is frustrating, if it's gonna rain then just rain already, all day.

I've been putting off shortening my brake lines, they aren't massively long, just unkempt, like an old man's pubic hair. Guess I'll go do that, should be fun.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'll buy that for a dollar !!

This weather is frustrating, if it's gonna rain then just rain already, all day.

I've been putting off shortening my brake lines, they aren't massively long, just unkempt, like an old man's pubic hair. Guess I'll go do that, should be fun.
We've had some unusually hot days for this time of year, it's not too bad in the morning or evening but mid day has been a ripper.

stirk

Burner
It was a bit wet up there too. A friend did Lawsons and Oaks today and the bike didn't look that bad afterwards considering.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapacrap
Didn't rain much at all, only just enough to dampen the springwood foundation day crowd.

Just had one of those zen days where it all comes together. Every part of me felt good and these was no place I'd rather be.
Nothing like the smell of charcoal bush!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Where are you riding? Reminds me of taking Mrs on Lady Carrington drive a few months ago.

The resemblance is uncanny, well, almost.
DSC_0746.jpeg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I love it when Sydney is in the background and so far away you can barely see it!
Sadly the Sony phone telephoto lens was not on the option list :) It wouldn't fit in my pack anyhow.

Trust me my friend, it is there in all of its distant horizonal 5x5 pixel glory.

I also have unsuccessfully tried to take a photo of your house while facing west. Mt Victoria and a white speck being the Glenbrook base is all you can figure out.

Finally got my rear tyre to seal tubeless style, this tubeless stuff is a black art.

Found I have now snapped a tooth off my eagle cassette, FMD it's 50 kms old. I wonder if it was the snaggletooth.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally got my rear tyre to seal tubeless style, this tubeless stuff is a black art.

Found I have now snapped a tooth off my eagle cassette, FMD it's 50 kms old. I wonder if it was the snaggletooth.
I'd be sending that right back to the shop with the well worn quote "Have you had any trouble with the money?" Should they give you any problems....