Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is funny the Tracer is undoubtedly the better bike, the SS is the work of art. There are times you just stop and stare at the details. Jeff Steber’s heart can rest easy though damage was limited to rim and fork. Tempted to drop the Totem to 160 or put a 36 or Lyrik on the front.
I really think you should go lyric and send me the totem for safe keeping. Given you have killed one I'm not sure you can be trusted with what's left of the greatest forks ever made...

(I sold my last pair to some kid. While I hope they served him well I wish I hadn't.)

scblack

Leucocholic
It is funny the Tracer is undoubtedly the better bike, the SS is the work of art. There are times you just stop and stare at the details. Jeff Steber’s heart can rest easy though damage was limited to rim and fork. Tempted to drop the Totem to 160 or put a 36 or Lyrik on the front.
I have a 36 on mine. Beefy.

MARKL

Eats Squid
36s met there end with the car port. It does look great with the Totems but all round riding the 36s were better.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
36s met there end with the car port. It does look great with the Totems but all round riding the 36s were better.
Were the 36s straight steerer? If so, double ouch.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MARKL

Eats Squid
Straight 1.5. Stanchions have scratches that are beyond superficial. Gouges, that would be a better word.

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG
At some point it is just a blood sport. I didn't take any photos at the time. Here is a photo of the wheel, won't true out. I will have to find the fork

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Straight 1.5. Stanchions have scratches that are beyond superficial. Gouges, that would be a better word.
Phew. At least you can replace with a modern tapered fork if the totems don't work out. Mtb suspension centre can probably get a new csu if the 36 lowers are ok.. Or you could get an avy cartdridge for the totems....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Slow moe

Likes Dirt
After a lifetime of fuckwittery, I am finally getting around to becoming a contributor on this illustrious thread...

Running late to work this morning and trying to get to an important commitment, I was pushing myself up a small hill (Barry drive in Canberra for those who know it). As I reached the top I felt like my foot (which was clipped in) went underneath my bottom bracket. Confused, I looked down to see my pedal and crank hanging from the bottom of my shoe. In a hurry, I rode the rest of the way with one pedal.

Now the fuckwit part, about a month ago I noticed a bit of play in the crank. My response, pinch the two bolts tight and forget about it. All the while, two containers of locktite sat within an arms reach of me as I pinched the bolts tight.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ha...! I've seen this happen to a few people over the years and always assume they are the sort that never does maintenance to their bikes.

@MARKL the wheel looks tops! Well smashed.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That is what scared me about roof mounted racks. I used to leave my roller door remote in the hatch so I'd force myself to get out of the car and get it in order to open the door then think 'Oh, that's right, bike on roof'.

Habits you do without thinking twice any other day can come back to bite you in a big way.