Port to Port 2018.... and a great ride was had by all!

Minlak

custom titis
well done, so sounds like the course could have been better?
Yeah it could have been but I also understand what they were trying to do and to get the distances etc they wanted it sometimes meant the lesser of two evils. I don’t want to sound too critical of them the only 2 bits that could fuck right off are the beach and single trail from day 1 :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The ongoing feedback each year seems to be that there is a lot of padding to make up distance etc, which results in substandard trails and excessive road riding. There is a lack of suitable terrain around here for the kind of distances they want to cover.

Also well done for getting into day 3.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Congratulations Minlak! Amazing effort. I wouldnt worry too much about Stage2, i think you made the best call for you and the result is you were able to do all of the remaining stages! If you had done stage2 that very well could have been the end of it.

I said the same thing re: the beach when a friend raced it last year, unless they are supplying the bikes no way in hell am i going to ride my bike along the beach let alone pay for the privilege.

Travis.

slowmick

38-39"
Awesome work bloke. Good plan on stage 2, you got three of four done in the end. Doing stage two might have left you with only two of four. Sounds like your are ready for your next challenge.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Firstly huge props for your effort, especially backing it up when you already had knee pain.

Secondly from a fellow gear whore, do you think the new wheels etc helped? Were there any bits of kit you wish you had?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just went for a ride on the stage 2 course - you missed out. I'm buggered, but the trails were fantastic.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The ongoing feedback each year seems to be that there is a lot of padding to make up distance etc, which results in substandard trails and excessive road riding. There is a lack of suitable terrain around here for the kind of distances they want to cover.

Also well done for getting into day 3.
They got rid of the Nelson Bay sections didn't they? Having been up there for holidays many times, you've got me buggered how they ride over the trails around there! From what I've encountered up there, the only suitable bike would be a fatbike!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
They got rid of the Nelson Bay sections didn't they?
Yes. Not sure why, I'm assuming the constant negative feedback that section received. But now it isn't a port to port race...so hopefully they either get a new port or change the name because the inaccuracy really hurts me

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes. Not sure why, I'm assuming the constant negative feedback that section received. But now it isn't a port to port race...so hopefully they either get a new port or change the name because the inaccuracy really hurts me
Starts in wine country, surely someone makes a nice Port up there :cool:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not since 2011. The drink port has the same regional protections as champagne or cognac, so too sherry and a bunch of other drinks.
Ignorant me had only thought that was for champagne and feta!

Im annoyed at the name now too. Stages 2-4 are probably here to stay, with 1 the jury is still out.....

Sort that one out and its an epic 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk