Little Things You Love

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
What Lotus' were they?
Elise 111R & Evora.

Both were brilliantly awesome. Both sucked badly. Lotus are good like that.

I'd still love to own an Exige V6. I think that would be the sweet spot.

The first photo's at Yass at 1am, trip was Melb CBD to Sydney. Door to door in 7h30m. That's where the Evora excelled.

This other photo is the Elise at Parilla S.A., Sydney to Adelaide in a day. The Elise was horrible at that.

Attachments

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yes it was an epic 15h trip. Never again.

Wifey & I are old hands at that journey though. In a normal car. Record for that door to door was 12h flat, averaging 122km/h. In a Camry :oops:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Being REALLY!!! glad I have a small Seat Ibiza and not the Merc when directed down tiny medieval laneways....

stirk

Burner
This video:

These are the last two manuals I’ve owned:

Sadly likely the last - next car will certainly be EV.
Nice vid and I can relate to it in my old 4x4.

As I choose to drive a sub 100hp old Hilux 4Runner the manual gearbox is crucial to the connection I have with the old car.

25% of the braking I do is by engine compression not by wheel brake and it's fun to come to almost a complete stop in heavy traffic without touching the brake until the last few meters in first gear. Some people probably think I have no brake lights until the last moment I actually use my brakes :)

The manual gearbox makes you acutely aware of how your car performs according to your actions. I think this is the key to enjoying a manual, 'according to your actions'. Stuff it up and the car will let you know, get it right and you'll enjoy that you got it right.

Shifting a MTB is a similar joy, or heartbreak, or in some cases a chain break.