2018 World Cup discussion

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't usually watch too much XC but Gunn-Rita Dahle just won her 30th World Cup race and she is a month older than me, both inspiring and depressing.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
If it's a good course somke XC races can be enjoyable to watch.

For example, the Paris Roubaix was pretty good last night :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So good to see Vergier get one under his belt, he was totally pinned in that run. Could it be the stepping stone into more wins and riding with some stripes even?

moorey

call me Mia
So good to see Vergier get one under his belt, he was totally pinned in that run. Could it be the stepping stone into more wins and riding with some stripes even?
I reckon so. Seal is broken. Same with Shaw once he nails a race run. Peirron is a new man with a bit of confidence in the tank.
Along with Greenwood, there’s going to be some fantastic new names genuinely pushing for every podium in the coming years.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Greenland is definitely one to watch, although his riding style gives me a hunch that he's going to be seeing a fair amount of injury recovery time in his career.

moorey

call me Mia
Greenland is definitely one to watch, although his riding style gives me a hunch that he's going to be seeing a fair amount of injury recovery time in his career.
I love watching him for this reason. Like Hart when he’s pinning it. I think it’s just his style, and aside from a small near miss on the weekend, looks in control of the chaos.
Finn is knocking on the door too. Juniors success doesn’t always transfer to elite success, but he’s clearly got an axe to grind and looking fast.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I love watching him for this reason. Like Hart when he’s pinning it. I think it’s just his style, and aside from a small near miss on the weekend, looks in control of the chaos.
Finn is knocking on the door too. Juniors success doesn’t always transfer to elite success, but he’s clearly got an axe to grind and looking fast.
Finn was amazing. He was in the hot seat for what, an hour? And a fifth place at a World Cup in his first year racing Elite Men is not too shabby at all!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I've only seen the one interview on the RedBullTV telecast, but he came across like an absolute professional.