Little Things You Hate

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Oh man, that would not be a situation that I would handle very well. Let me guess; they knew everything and they think every dual suspension bike is a downhill bike? GRRRR!
I was once asked via a generic email if I'd like to help the Port Mac guys out by volunteering my time to marshal the triathlon and boost the image of my scene in Coffs Harbour, I replied with FUCK OFF.
Hahahahahaha!!!! Waddaya mean you don’t wanna hand out sandwitches to all the “athletes?”

Tbh I switched off after they started telling me all the techniques needed to be a fast mtb rider, and how all us gravity guys have it wrongg. They just couldn’t comprehend riding for the sake of riding, not turning it into a suffer contest so you could say you suffered better than the bloke next to you.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hahahahahaha!!!! Waddaya mean you don’t wanna hand out sandwitches to all the “athletes?”

Tbh I switched off after they started telling me all the techniques needed to be a fast mtb rider, and how all us gravity guys have it wrongg. They just couldn’t comprehend riding for the sake of riding, not turning it into a suffer contest so you could say you suffered better than the bloke next to you.
Chest beating macho kind of shit yeah? Yawn.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The mexican food was good though. Burrito’s and beer make alot of things better.
There isn't a food in existence that makes hanging out with triathletes good. That requires Cliff Richard class drugs.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
There isn't a food in existence that makes hanging out with triathletes good. That requires Cliff Richard class drugs.

hanging out with grade A arsehole tradies (don’t let haakon know I acknowledge the absurdly high amount of arsehole tradies) in the city has conditioned me to be able to tune people out pretty well. Luckily I enjoy spendin time with Mrs ultra so I just spoke to her and ignored the wanker on my right.

I really did enjoy that burrito.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Customer service / aftersales support from Push

I have bought both an elevensix and a acs3 kit from them over the last couple of months.

I have an issue with both.

1. Elevensix came slightly undersprung and the spring in the wrong colour. The older elevensix comes with a spring which is slightly bronze in colour where the liquid black model comes with a silver spring. I have the liquid black model with a bronze spring. Purely aesthetics but on a shock which cost so much this bothers me. My elevensix bottoms out on reasonable small features without a smooth transition. I got a 500lb spring but required a 525lb spring. Since they chose the spring I would have thought contacting them and informing them of the issue would be a simple, no dramas mate please return the spring and we will send you out the correct one. After contacting them they suggested that I provided the wrong weight and they do no swap springs. I sent a polite but firm response suggesting possible variation in scales. Finally got a response from the boss, Darren Murphy. He apologized for my experience and suggested that at my weight I was at the high end of a 500lb spring and the low end of a 525lb spring and should have been consulted about what I would prefer. He seems happy to swap the spring. Another issue was that my shock came with the switches set up as climb / descend on the card even though I specifically requested descend and trail. I already have a shock with a climb switch.

2. Acs3 started to make a strange sound and feels as though it is getting caught up inside the fork leg on something. When I got the email from Darren he stated this was a known issue with the heavier weight springs (black and grey) and they have adjusted the diameter to remedy this. Just return the spring and receive a warranty replacement.

Ok so after multiple emails from sales who I found quite rude finally getting an email from Darren was a welcome response. He sounded eager to help resolve these issues straight away by getting me a 525lb spring and a warranty replacement black spring for my acs3 kit.

I replied to his email immediately which was more two weeks ago. I have sent two follow up emails and a message on Facebook. I am yet to get a response. I have seen that Darren has been actively posting on mtbr as well as Facebook which is insanely frustrating for me.

For a small company that is selling such expensive high end products I find this unacceptable.

*** For what it is worth I bought he products through a local distributor who have been absolutely amazing in trying to resolve this for me. I do not want this post to reflect badly on them in any way. They have been getting the run around from push also. I contacted push directly in an effort to cut out the middle man and also under the impression that they would carry a lot more stock than the local boys.

At this point I really wish that I had dumped my money into a different brand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I worked with one of those on the spectrum tri athlete types a few years back.. His coach was on a bag of pills to keep him functioning socially too. These guys literally can’t hold a conversation unless it’s about swimming, riding or running.. I think it’s their method of coping, lots of rules..
Having said that I have met plenty of water skiers that have nothing to contribute other than boats and skiing.. But I think that has more to do with being a deadshit with money.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Living next to a set of 4 units = 4 times the chance of living next to chunts. Old mate next door is covered in tatts, is known to police and doesn't seem right when he looks at you. He comes out at least once every couple of days, drunk/high, yells and swears and punches the fence until he's exhausted. Goes off at the slightest noise and makes me feel like I can't do anything in my shed for fear of setting him off.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Dilemmas... A day and a half to kill in Oslo in a month - take the roadie and ride some super scenic hills. Or rent a Tesla Model S and drive some super scenic hills...

Hmmm....

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Living next to a set of 4 units = 4 times the chance of living next to chunts. Old mate next door is covered in tatts, is known to police and doesn't seem right when he looks at you. He comes out at least once every couple of days, drunk/high, yells and swears and punches the fence until he's exhausted. Goes off at the slightest noise and makes me feel like I can't do anything in my shed for fear of setting him off.
Sounds like my neighbour...

moorey

call me Mia
Dilemmas... A day and a half to kill in Oslo in a month - take the roadie and ride some super scenic hills. Or rent a Tesla Model S and drive some super scenic hills...

Hmmm....
LTYH? :rolleyes:
Even when you’re happy, you’re bitter.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
The marathon runner has started a Facebook chat group and invited tons of like minded runners to join him at certain times to run around this trail and he's gone and marked it with his own plastic bunting and the entire direction is the absolute opposite direction of the bike trails. He see's an arrow pointing towards a climb or descent so he goes the other way. He has the attitude that it's his forest to use as well and like all other big headed moron's too engrossed in their own world, Blahblahblag

What a moron.
Try doing a lap around Manly Dam some Sunday mornings... thousands of the fuckers...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I worked with one of those on the spectrum tri athlete types a few years back.. His coach was on a bag of pills to keep him functioning socially too. These guys literally can’t hold a conversation unless it’s about swimming, riding or running.. I think it’s their method of coping, lots of rules..
As the old line goes, "how do you tell a triathlete at a party? Don't worry, they'll tell you."