Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ever used a road, hospital, tap or school? Ever rung the cops, ambos or fireys? Any idea of the asset bases to support these services? What do you think the lead times are on major projects? Any idea where the money is going to come from? My models make a difference in the real world.

I've managed a team of accountants putting together budgets and strategies in a corporate environment and trust me, this is harder.

Hundreds of thousands no. Tens of millions is where we start to assume it's not within a reasonable margin for error. What I can do about it is another matter entirely.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Looks like they got him just before the sentence was finished...be careful folks! The thought crime police might get you next.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@Elbo make friends with him. It shouldn't be too hard unless you're Haakon and the neighbour is a proper maniac. If you're good at it he should be a fairly effective guard dog.

scblack

Leucocholic
I've managed a team of accountants putting together budgets and strategies in a corporate environment and trust me, this is harder.
I could be a little cheeky and state that NOTHING could possibly be more difficult than having to deal with several layers of public service bureaucracy. But I'm not going to pick the low hanging fruit like that.:p

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I could be a little cheeky and state that NOTHING could possibly be more difficult than having to deal with several layers of public service bureaucracy. But I'm not going to pick the low hanging fruit like that.:p
I dunno, I just spent 2 hours mostly on hold to a corporate bureaucracy and it’s way worse... At least the public sector has some accountability and avenues for recourse after they refuse to admit they fucked up...

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Dealing with both the corporate sector and government in my business I would say everyone can be annoying.
eg contacting Telstra = contacting Centrelink = waiting for Vic Roads .
Private or public are equally inefficient its just that the corporate sector pretends to be competitive but gouges if they need to make a profit eg electricity prices . banking Royal Commission.City Link in Melbourne.
This neoliberalism/ computer pseudo efficiency thing just cuts customer service down to a bare minimum and makes people wait on phone + ignores emails .
If anything goes wrong we hear the platititude we take ...blah blah very seriously and apologise ... blah blah

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Litigating contract breaches in court with contractors is worse by far.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Customer service / aftersales support from Push

I have bought both an elevensix and a acs3 kit from them over the last couple of months.

I have an issue with both.

1. Elevensix came slightly undersprung and the spring in the wrong colour. The older elevensix comes with a spring which is slightly bronze in colour where the liquid black model comes with a silver spring. I have the liquid black model with a bronze spring. Purely aesthetics but on a shock which cost so much this bothers me. My elevensix bottoms out on reasonable small features without a smooth transition. I got a 500lb spring but required a 525lb spring. Since they chose the spring I would have thought contacting them and informing them of the issue would be a simple, no dramas mate please return the spring and we will send you out the correct one. After contacting them they suggested that I provided the wrong weight and they do no swap springs. I sent a polite but firm response suggesting possible variation in scales. Finally got a response from the boss, Darren Murphy. He apologized for my experience and suggested that at my weight I was at the high end of a 500lb spring and the low end of a 525lb spring and should have been consulted about what I would prefer. He seems happy to swap the spring. Another issue was that my shock came with the switches set up as climb / descend on the card even though I specifically requested descend and trail. I already have a shock with a climb switch.

2. Acs3 started to make a strange sound and feels as though it is getting caught up inside the fork leg on something. When I got the email from Darren he stated this was a known issue with the heavier weight springs (black and grey) and they have adjusted the diameter to remedy this. Just return the spring and receive a warranty replacement.

Ok so after multiple emails from sales who I found quite rude finally getting an email from Darren was a welcome response. He sounded eager to help resolve these issues straight away by getting me a 525lb spring and a warranty replacement black spring for my acs3 kit.

I replied to his email immediately which was more two weeks ago. I have sent two follow up emails and a message on Facebook. I am yet to get a response. I have seen that Darren has been actively posting on mtbr as well as Facebook which is insanely frustrating for me.

For a small company that is selling such expensive high end products I find this unacceptable.

*** For what it is worth I bought he products through a local distributor who have been absolutely amazing in trying to resolve this for me. I do not want this post to reflect badly on them in any way. They have been getting the run around from push also. I contacted push directly in an effort to cut out the middle man and also under the impression that they would carry a lot more stock than the local boys.

At this point I really wish that I had dumped my money into a different brand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
LTIL posting my experience on mtbr in an elevensix thread and getting a response and immediate resolution within an hour.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Happens a heap, the construction industry is brimming with dodgy types. My old man runs a construction law firm and has never, ever been short of work. You can't understand contract law well enough to work in that industry, IMO.
Contract Administrator/ Project Manager/ Superintendent... hence the comment ;)