2019 Yeti's

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
the little shock thing near the cranks must be an absolute frikken magnet for dirt, grit and other sandy granular crap that will destroy it in short order.
My thoughts too but they have persisted with it for some time now. Sure it makes the suspension super and all but just the proprietary side I'd assume must be a wallet killer when it all goes bad and a new one is needed.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Switch Infinity has gone through some pretty extensive testing and field testing at this point. I think even when it was launched in 2015 they had it survive, without issue, the one million cycles submerged within the dirt-slurry that Fox do with their products, and had test mules with it out in the wild for three years before.
It's now seen production models of this in the wild for three years and, by and large, it's not been an issue.

Pretty simple little thing in any case. Stanchion with some bushes.
My own testing of this, one bike/ one year/ very wet location, achieved the opposite result.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have limited experience of these but I can give one example.

I bought one of the first frame only sb5s to come into Au. I rode it for just over a year on a small island which was constantly hot/ wet/ muddy/ sandy/ gritty. At about the 1 year mark I noticed the Kashima was wearing off the front switch stanchion. In fact it was ground back to bare metal. Previously there had been no Yeti dealer where I was so it had not been serviced by an authorised dealer, though I greased the switch myself. I aproached the newly registered dealer about my concerns & despite the fact I had bought it in another country/ had no verifiable service history he got in touch with the people in Colorado & the switch was replaced instantly, no questions asked.

This is only one account & it was resolved very fast & at no cost, which is great. I rode around 3500kms that year, but hot/ humid/ wet/ sea air/ gritty dirt make a difference maybe.

I sold it after that but I reckon it was the best bike I have ridden. I replaced it with something with a far more simple suspension design, not quite as efficient but durable.

The cynic in me says it was replaced way too fast for it to have been an isolated incident.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Initially I though, after seeing that wheel flex, maybe the wheel isn't tensioned correctly. Then moments later the seat tube flex is demonstrated.

That's taking compliant to the next level.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
So with the new models having internal cable channels does this mean us down here that run our levers correctly are going to end up with god awful cable routing - like something off an Ibis?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Me likey the cables to run around the headtube, although I'm sure I could get used to them beside if I was in that position.