What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice one. Is that Art’s frame ?

Mines coming up 4 years old and has been faultless. Such a sweet riding frame, every time I look at an alternative it ain’t nearly as good.

View attachment 348190
Yep, wasn't really looking for a frame but when I saw it for sale and looked into the geometry, it was a quick few emails later and it was on its way.
Is it replacing the HT or accompanying?
Replacing...for now. The frame weights between the steel Cotic and the carbon Turner are pretty much on the nose. The plan was always to go to a duel suspension XC bike next year. But as I mentioned above, this came up at the right time and price.

The Solaris will sit in the shed and most likely get hit with bits from the parts bin when I get the urge to hardtail again. Unless the wife puts the foot down and declares I need to make some room

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sneak peak of last night's efforts. Came right in at 11kg on the nose.

Still need to bleed the brakes, melt the heat shrink and then it's time to dial it in. I've got a 70mm stem coming but not sure I'll need it yet.
Nice! The scary thing is that in order to lose an extra 500gms off that build you would need to spend about as much as you have on that bike again.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Or just switch to a carbon, non-dropper seatpost.
That wouldn't get you 500gms and it wouldn't really be the same build anymore.

I'm talking Tune hubs laced to carbon rims, Fox 32 stepcast fork, 9point8 dropper etc etc.

Oddjob

You weight weenies!!!
- Complain about grams
- Spend all money and time reducing a number
- Bike is fragile, body follows
- Too busy with weight to pursue other avenues like social life or relationships

Everyone else:
- Make bike stronger and heavier
- Grow bigger muscles
- Sculpt yourself into the likeness of the Gods
- Be rich from sensible, bike related finances and time with friends
- Ride all day and all night

@slider_phil Sick bike though!!! Looks fast sitting still.
Amen.

Reactions: Zaf

Flow-Rider

Burner
You weight weenies!!!
- Complain about grams
- Too busy with weight to pursue other avenues like social life or relationships
-Carbon frame rubs up against a small rock then needs a new frame.
-Buys light zelvy wheels then spokes break under their own weight.

Everyone else:

- Grow bigger muscles
-Rides a bike that's gonna last in a real enduro environment for more than 2 weeks.
Had to add some on :).

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

What did you pay for the frame, if you don't mind me asking?
No big secret, was advertised for 1200 and that's what I paid. Excellent value for money
That wouldn't get you 500gms and it wouldn't really be the same build anymore.

I'm talking Tune hubs laced to carbon rims, Fox 32 stepcast fork, 9point8 dropper etc etc.

Yeah, I'm not too interested in going a super weight weenie build. I'd like up keep the fork at 120mm to stay at a 68° ha. But a cheap stepcast ($550) did come up on FB the other day and I was tempted lol. I think maybe in 12 months when someone is selling a well priced 34sc, which is a bit lighter than this 32. Not to mention stiffer, better damper etc.

The frame actually came with a rigid carbon post and RaceFace Next SL cranks (and a bunch of kids toys for packaging ). I wanted to stick with a dropper for obvious reasons and I only changed to the XTR cranks as I've got a Stages powermeter on them. New bottom bracket ($99) compared to a new Stages powermeter ($899) for a 50-100gram weight difference was an easy choice.

Oh, and the external routing system on this thing is about the best I've experienced. Very well thought out.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
You weight weenies!!!
- Complain about grams

Everyone else:
- Grow bigger muscles

Pardon my ignorance but what is that on his shoulder? Is it a dick?