What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Hardtail frame showed up today. Octane One Prone ordered Sunday night from crc.

20181012_212124.jpg

I need little bits like headset, brake adaptors and seat clamp. Also need a dropper post, seat and set of black cranks. Quickly chucked forks into it and wheels to see how it looks. Gotta say the paint is awesome sort of a translucent red over the semi brushed looking aluminum.

Aiming to have it up and running late November (birthday).

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't get much of a chance to feel it out. But the little things I gleaned. Power transfer, whoa. It feels like the hardtail it replaced under power, in and out of the saddle. Geometry feels a lot like a trail bike, in a good way. The low bottom bracket meant the really tight corners in some section of our trails felt super simple to carve through.

Race pace run over the weekend should help me play with the suspension a bit and get a feel on how the DW system rides compared to my previous/current bikes (VPP, FSR, Delta, CBF).

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 348218

I need little bits like headset, brake adaptors and seat clamp. Also need a dropper post, seat and set of black cranks. Quickly chucked forks into it and wheels to see how it looks. Gotta say the paint is awesome sort of a translucent red over the semi brushed looking aluminum.

Cycling deal have xfusion manic droppers for $150.. includes cable and remote..

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

View attachment 348218

I've always loved that style of paint, red is the pick, but blue works too

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took it to a demo day and didn't ride it at all.. Rode some nice bikes tho! The powerplay is fkn sensational!

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did a few laps at Black Hill with I guy a bumped into who rode a rad BC green Rune.

Made me miss me Rune more than a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Got it out for a proper ride this morning. Got on the road in the dark and was on the trails as the sun was rising. Super impressed with it. Will do a full build/ride report in a PYR thread soon
Apart from my Pole that Turner is the most radical bike on here. Sorry, not sorry to all the Nicolai/Banshee/Yeti/SC fanbois.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apart from my Pole that Turner is the most radical bike on here. Sorry, not sorry to all the Nicolai/Banshee/Yeti/SC fanbois.

I'm surprised how much overlap this is going to have with my Primer. It can't hit as big as it, but it's a ton more capable than I thought it was going to be. Definitily a bike that's more than the sum of a geometry chart.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Woke up this morning and it was teeming down, figures my normal Sunday ride would be off the cards so went indoor climbing with the fam. 5pm and the sun was shining so geared up and went bush. There was so much water out there though so I embraced it, got muddy and tried my best to blend in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Ran new shifter cables and installed an X-fusion dropper on the Lynskey. Ran out of time to tune it all in though.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Started at Sea Winds, Arthurs Seat... did two hours of roadside single track. Down, up and down again. Got to do my favourite bit twice. Second time going a lot quicker, I boosted much more off a side road jump, and there were no cars which is the big fear, but there was three horse riders about 4 meters to my right. Lucky timing, wouldn’t won’t to be closer as I spooked them a bit, it all happened so fast. But I think they were capable riders. I yelled sorry.
Anyway, awesomererestness.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Built a set or #endurobro wheels - Dt ex511 and ex471 laced to Hope Pro2 Evos with 2m Dt comps. Almost ended up in the fuckwits thread with a lace threading error. Changing the spoke pattern to suit the disc or the drive side is hard. Somehow lost some nipple shims which I'm sure will make themselves known on the first ride. Having a nipple driver bit and a drill are very luxurious.

Also started the build for a #ichoselightandstrong wheelset with Nextie asymmetric enduro and dh rims laced to I9 torch hubs. Should be a full 400 grams lighter than the Dt/Hope wheels.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Built a set or #endurobro wheels - Dt ex511 and ex471 laced to Hope Pro2 Evos with 2m Dt comps. Almost ended up in the fuckwits thread with a lace threading error. Changing the spoke pattern to suit the disc or the drive side is hard. Somehow lost some nipple shims which I'm sure will make themselves known on the first ride. Having a nipple driver bit and a drill are very luxurious.

Also started the build for a #ichoselightandstrong wheelset with Nextie asymmetric enduro and dh rims laced to I9 torch hubs. Should be a full 400 grams lighter than the Dt/Hope wheels.

Where are you getting the DT comps from ?