How do you maintain food discipline?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ok...

honey is sugar, just has a different molecular structure. There is much debate over whether it is good/bad/neutral. Thus the can of worms. I don't care either way personally. Some days I like honey others I like dog urine.

What's wrong with vinegar?
I think honey is different to sugar, as sugar is a 100% sucrose and honeys are high in fructose & glucose.

Vinegar can be high in calories and has sugar. Probably OK in very small amounts but mixed in with other dressings it all adds if you eat a few salads a day.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I guess that depends on the type of vinegar your using? I'm a white vinegar kind of guy which I'm pretty sure is just acid and water. Not sure what's in balsamic which I guess most people salad with.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I guess that depends on the type of vinegar your using? I'm a white vinegar kind of guy which I'm pretty sure is just acid and water. Not sure what's in balsamic which I guess most people salad with.
So when I'm eating a whole big bag of Kettle chips should I go with honey/soy or salt and vinegar? I'm worried which one will make me fat, the honey or vinegar? Don't say dog urine kettles.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So when I'm eating a whole big bag of Kettle chips should I go with honey/soy or salt and vinegar? I'm worried which one will make me fat, the honey or vinegar? Don't say dog urine kettles.
I think you'll find there is no wrong answer here...eating kettle chips is akin to lifting kettle bells! The more.you do it, the bigger your muscles.

For what it's worth I decided to read some vinegar labels in the super market a few nights ago. Firstly less than 50% (guesstimate) of the available vinegar had nutrition information on the packaging. Of those that did, the only vinegars with sugar in them were balsamic. Not all of the balsamic contains much sugar, some were as low as the other types. But some were up to around 50%! White, brown, red, dog dick, and so on were all without it or less than 2%. So indulge people ! But do it with information...or just wing, who cares?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I think you'll find there is no wrong answer here...eating kettle chips is akin to lifting kettle bells! The more.you do it, the bigger your muscles.

For what it's worth I decided to read some vinegar labels in the super market a few nights ago. Firstly less than 50% (guesstimate) of the available vinegar had nutrition information on the packaging. Of those that did, the only vinegars with sugar in them were balsamic. Not all of the balsamic contains much sugar, some were as low as the other types. But some were up to around 50%! White, brown, red, dog dick, and so on were all without it or less than 2%. So indulge people ! But do it with information...or just wing, who cares?
I knew you wouldn't steer me wrong. Everyone loves big muscles.

Flow-Rider

Burner
White vinegar is for cleaning floors isn't ?

I don't believe in cutting out all sugar intake in diets but it seems to be a fad amongst a lot of people. Nothing better than a sugar fix after a 2hr ride to recoup some energy levels. Have a look at the amount of calories in some of those supermarket salad dressings.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sugar is way too common in people's diets. There is a reason it is not at the base of the old food pyramid.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How good is bacon though. WHY IS IT SO DAMN TASTY
Bacon...one of my weaknesses! There's nothing good about it either. Absolutely nothing...but fuck it's good. One of my friends was recently served bacon eggs and kale for breakfast by his wife. She wanted to try a bit of healthy eating. #fuckkale

@Flow-Rider I'm pretty amazed by how much fibre is in that sandwich!

americo dias

Likes Bikes
Meal prep. Make everything on a Sunday, so 5-6 breakfasts and 10 meals. The sunday breakfast and weekend meals are the "cheat" days.
I've found by meal prepping I know what I am eating and it's on hand so I'm not tempted by the "fast and easy" high fat foods.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Meal prep. Make everything on a Sunday, so 5-6 breakfasts and 10 meals. The sunday breakfast and weekend meals are the "cheat" days.
I've found by meal prepping I know what I am eating and it's on hand so I'm not tempted by the "fast and easy" high fat foods.
What kind of meals are you making that far in advance?