Whisky!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Has anyone raised the idea of a 'dislike' button being added to the forums? ;)
Allow me to clarify. The perceived preciousness of single malt by whisky snobs can get tae fuck!
10 - 12 year malts are not a finite resource. There’s loads of good whisky out there and no fuckers going to tell me what I can and can’t get smashed on and whilst neat with maybe a dash of water is undoubtedly the best way to enjoy it, if you think its the only way you don’t drink enough!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Fuck sakes man... that looks like a NSW train seat, for the love of DOG don't let the bare love spuds (or bag of apples...please let it be a bag of apples) touch that.
Pretty sure it's one of poodle's feet. either that or he needs to consult a surgeon AND and exorcist promptly.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Allow me to clarify. The perceived preciousness of single malt by whisky snobs can get tae fuck!
10 - 12 year malts are not a finite resource. There’s loads of good whisky out there and no fuckers going to tell me what I can and can’t get smashed on and whilst neat with maybe a dash of water is undoubtedly the best way to enjoy it, if you think its the only way you don’t drink enough!
Settle down Stella.
The 'dislike button' comment was 100% tongue in cheek (with winking emoji!)

I am absolutely a precious whisky snob - love the stuff, neat. No apologies for that.
I have always thought single malts were too good (and too expensive! ) to mix with cola.
Am I missing out on new drinking experiences? Yeah probably.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My 2250ml of duty free from Narita airport.

Some good choices there @Haakon.

I'll sell it to you @PINT of Stella. mate! But I'll give you wierd look when I do. The age snobbery of whisky is an interesting thing at present with quite a few brands moving to un-aged or unidentified age. With long established whisky nations such as Scotland or Ireland, a mere 10 years isn't much.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

I'll sell it to you @PINT of Stella. mate! But I'll give you wierd look when I do. The age snobbery of whisky is an interesting thing at present with quite a few brands moving to un-aged or unidentified age. With long established whisky nations such as Scotland or Ireland, a mere 10 years isn't much.
How good is the Samurai (?) on the Nikka.
You're not just having a drink, you're going to war!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Pretty sure it's one of poodle's feet. either that or he needs to consult a surgeon AND and exorcist promptly.
Now on closer inspection ( 'cause the first glance was a cursory one and I didn't want to look too closely once I had thought it was) I believe you may be correct, but still wouldn't touch a train seat with it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Now on closer inspection ( 'cause the first glance was a cursory one and I didn't want to look too closely once I had thought it was) I believe you may be correct, but still wouldn't touch a train seat with it.
There's people that would pay to have that rubbed all over their body...I haven't met them yet but when I do I'll be rich.

As for the Nikka samurai, it won't change your world but it is enjoyable and fair value for money. The price for it here is unbelievable.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Had an enjoyable (albeit pricy) evening at Boilermaker House in Melbourne on Thursday. Managed to persuade a mate to buy a dram of the Glenfiddich IPA cask for a tester. I'd recently seen it in duty free and intrigued but was suspicious of the lack of an age to it.

Sure enough, it was gash!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am unsure if that means its good or not?
It is shit. I was talked into giving it a go last year. I sat out on the verandah of Carrington House in Katoomba one afternoon and watched a storm roll in. The IPA cask is flat, bodiless, and general without any note worth characteristics except boredom and an unjustifiable price tag.

The Jameson's stout cask by comparison is not too bad. Then factor in price point and other offerings at that price point and it bumps up a few notches.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I am unsure if that means its good or not?
It's an old Scots phrase that can mean 'unpleasant or substandard'. Most often it's preceded with the term 'fucking'. e.g. "Rangers' performance last night was utter fucking gash!"

Really, as a whisky connoisseur you should be up on the lingo.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's an old Scots phrase that can mean 'unpleasant or substandard'. Most often it's preceded with the term 'fucking'. e.g. "Rangers' performance last night was utter fucking gash!"

Really, as a whisky connoisseur you should be up on the lingo.
When talking whisky, is it interchangeable with pish?

In Australian lingo, gash is usually a good thing to get amongst.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dont mind a sip every now and then myself.
This is a sample of what I have on the go at the moment.
I just wish the Jap stuff was not as hard to get (ie expensive) as it is now.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I think my review was a touch understated...it is possibly the best whisky I've had. Also note the price per bottle at home, another great example of demand pressure against low supply...the serve here was only about $18.
Escaped summer again? Good plan.