MotoGP 2019

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
How about the dislocated shoulder! Haha

It was a tense race, but a measured and impressive performance.

dislocated shoulder ?

Shame Dovi's front gave up the ghost, I'm a Honda fan so I'm happy to see them win it at home, would have preferred to see it won at PI.

Watching MM come up and hug Honda's El Presidente was classic !!

Edit: dislocated shoulder, lol

Last edited:

beeb

Shame Dovi's front gave up the ghost, I'm a Honda fan so I'm happy to see them win it at home, would have preferred to see it won at PI.

Watching MM come up and hug Honda's El Presidente was classic !!
I wasn't sure MM would get it, but once he pounced those few laps earlier than usual you could see Dovi was struggling to keep the pace with the soft front tyre. You could see it coming, but credit to Dovi he was trying to keep the championship alive so tried to keep the pace...

And yeah, the Honda honcho was actually pretty casual as far as those things go!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yeah, hope so too. Looks to be cool, and mainly dry. Was gonna go, but now have other commitments.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Went to practice today... it was ace. The weather looked like it was gonna turn nasty, but only one real light sprinkle, and then the sun came out occasionally and it warmed up nicely. Lot of offs at Honda and Turn One. The Moto2’s scream like billyo. Nice ride down and back.

beeb

Hard to believe there was no injuries after that contact into Turn 1.

Amazing how many more passes you see through Turn 2 these days too, across all categories as well it seems.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to see Miller get a decent result at home. The Zarco/MM incident has to be one of the more speccy bingles I’ve seen - lucky for all concerned that it wasn’t a lot messier. Amazing to see Zarco get up and walk away !

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Hard to believe there was no injuries after that contact into Turn 1
The Zarco/MM incident has to be one of the more speccy bingles I’ve seen - lucky for all concerned that it wasn’t a lot messier. Amazing to see Zarco get up and walk away !
Yeah, it could have been much worse. MM did well to stay on the track.

Amazing how many more passes you see through Turn 2 these days too, across all categories as well it seems.
Turn 2, Southern Loop is really a double apex corner and can be ridden many ways. Setting up for an ideal Turn 3 (Stoner Corner) may leave the gate open for someone who has decided to capitalise on the near term earlier in the corner.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
And you know, I'm almost gonna go the blasphemy route here and say that I reckon the Moto 2's are a more pure balanced racing machine than the MotoGP's. Sure, they don't have the crazy urge, but they get backed in wayyy wayyy more, are much more nimble mid turn so can pester the crap out of each other in the corner much more, and still have enough urge to get squirrely on the way out. Plus, the shriek of them is outrageous.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
And you know, I'm almost gonna go the blasphemy route here and say that I reckon the Moto 2's are a more pure balanced racing machine than the MotoGP's. Sure, they don't have the crazy urge, but they get backed in wayyy wayyy more, are much more nimble mid turn so can pester the crap out of each other in the corner much more, and still have enough urge to get squirrely on the way out. Plus, the shriek of them is outrageous.
Yeah Moto2 are deceptively quick. And produce amazing racing IMO.
....and the class will be running Triumph Triple cyl. engines next year too. Aural upgrade!

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Good to see Miller get a decent result at home. The Zarco/MM incident has to be one of the more speccy bingles I’ve seen - lucky for all concerned that it wasn’t a lot messier. Amazing to see Zarco get up and walk away !
I'm glad Zarco was OK. That was a friggin' SCARY get-off.
Call me cynical, but once again MM is "involved" in another rider getting punted/launched/blocked/pushed/elbowed etc..
OK, so I know Zarco was behind him & he prolly didn't do anything deliberate....and it was Zarco who caused it, but there's a farken' trend with that smiling little prick.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
I'm glad Zarco was OK. That was a friggin' SCARY get-off.
Call me cynical, but once again MM is "involved" in another rider getting punted/launched/blocked/pushed/elbowed etc..
OK, so I know Zarco was behind him & he prolly didn't do anything deliberate....and it was Zarco who caused it, but there's a farken' trend with that smiling little prick.
Yeah that was a horrible crash. I'm also not really sure what you're saying there RE: Marquez.. there's no way that crash was his fault... also you need to remember that Zarco is quite the protagonist when it comes to 'enthusiastic' racing.... however that was just a racing incident - Miller moved left a touch to get onto the racing line causing Marquez to move left a touch and into Zarco's way. Zarco was hard on the brakes pulling up from over 300 to around 200 and didn't have the capacity to move.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I watch the bikes every now and then but haven't watched any races the last couple of years. I know of Marquez and his winning role but gotta say after watching some highlights of races this year that bought us to the Philip Island race, it seems to me like he's a pushy little shit on the track that goes a bit nutty in a group? That spill they had yesty with him fading back to the racing line was pretty damn amateur and in any racing discipline it is a big no no. Thank fuck no one ended up in a hospital bed from it.
I'd love to go to the MotoGP soon, I've seen them in the nineties but not the current spec.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
None of the pundits were giving any air time to the notion it was deliberate on MM's part. The incident with Lorenzo a few races ago was a very deliberate but legal move. Not cricket IMO, Lorenzo had the option to back off yet didn't. MM doesn't go "nutty" like some other riders of Latin descent have been known to, usually crashing out of the race. I'd definately like to see MM cop some of his own medicine though.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I think Marc Marquez is misunderstood, the Ayrton Senna of motorcycle racing if you will.

He has an inherent and unwavering belief in his own ability, something that is present in the greatest racers across all disciplines. Given his seven World Championships, over eight seasons and three classes, I think his self belief is vindicated.

Time will soften many peoples harsh views of him and who knows, many of his critics may come to like him, or at least respect his craft.