XC Nicolai Saturn 11

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Buys gorgeous raw alloy frame.
One of the most detail attentive frames to ever exists.
Beautiful clean aesthetic.
So much class and splendour in the world.

Tarts it up with garish colours.
Distracts from any beauty the frame had.
Didn't keep himself pure until marriage.

Meanwhile in the @OCD'R's $50 sure thing thread:
He's too busy out riding and enjoying his gorgeous bike to post up on RB.
I feel inspired to stop shitposting by his example.
No good deed goes unpunished...

Far out I offer to take some pics of @OCD'R bike and hang out with a fellow RBer while on road trip and this happens.

Mods can we move the shitposting to my thread where it belongs?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Warp

Likes Dirt
Nicolais are sweet.
I may owe one again when I win the lotto and standards stop changing every 5min.

I was toying with the frame builder a few days ago until I saw the price! Still not as expensive as it sounds for the quality you get.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Selling a Tranny to buy a Nicolai.
@Ultra Lord isn't on your side with this one, but I am!

They really do a good job of the custom stuff, and can you put a price on a bike that fits you perfectly.
The only real risk you run with a Nicolai...There are no more worlds to conquer.
On the other hand, cures upgraditis. Swings and roundabouts really.
I’ll let this one slide.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
it lost me at the "sign up to read full article"

Stoked the forks good though! it's nice having things other than fox and RS being viable. It's a good time to be building bikes right now.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
No doubt the article is the usual paid for info-mercial BS.

"Thoroughly recommended...”
Sending fork away for damper service = TOTAL FAIL!!!

I've had and serviced a variety of DT Swiss suspension products in the past and absolutely hate the lack of tech info, spares and user-serviceability.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt

I've had and serviced a variety of DT Swiss suspension products in the past and absolutely hate the lack of tech info, spares and user-serviceability.
Don’t RS and FOX say this also?

Point is - well written article that matched well to what I’ve experienced so far. Plus DT setup guide shits all over every other manufacturers suggestions. Meh,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No doubt the article is the usual paid for info-mercial BS.

Read the full article did you?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Read the full article did you?
No. Was hidden behind the pay wall but the comment about having to send it away for service was enough for me.

Don’t RS and FOX say this also?
Fox are crap too with spare parts availability. RS have full manuals online and spare parts readily available often overnight in Australia. Manitou are pretty good too.

Bottom line is that the fork offerings from RS and Manitou are so good nowadays that to go with something else you really need to be a masochist. Its hard to imagine DT could come up with something so much better that its performance would outweigh the negatives of cost and lack of support.

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
No. Was hidden behind the pay wall but the comment about having to send it away for service was enough for me.

Fox are crap too with spare parts availability. RS have full manuals online and spare parts readily available often overnight in Australia. Manitou are pretty good too.

Bottom line is that the fork offerings from RS and Manitou are so good nowadays that to go with something else you really need to be a masochist. Its hard to imagine DT could come up with something so much better that its performance would outweigh the negatives of cost and lack of support.
No paywall as such, your email address though. I don’t mind ST - UK has closer ties and riding style to us than the US imo.

My comment was about sending away for service and any manufacturer being any different. DT have got the ‘small’ service up on their website with a RS’esque style walk through. 2 sets of seals and wipers came in the box too.

Toyota do included services for 5 years on camrys too, most people are open minded enough to know there’s other options out there worthy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk