Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yelling = deafness
They could try sign language...I had a lady who was deaf in one ear a while ago and she was a shocker for the opposite of yelling. She was a bit self conscious of talking too loud and would mumble and whisper a lot. I am pretty sure my ears hate me already, so verbal communication was challenging.

One of my friends' has a wife who is totally deaf. She also speaks quietly.

Maybe the oldies were yelling because they wanted me..? Someone they could trust to come over and tend their inspection their perimeter fences, tend the front and back lawns, pay careful attention to the edges, and resolve any creaky doorways...opportunity missed!

Reactions: Zaf

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The story unfolding of the life the poor little baby led before being thrown into the sea, drown and wash up a few days later on a Gold Coast beach is the saddest and horrific thing I've read. The poor little thing never stood a chance at life, so bloody sad.
If anyone can give me one valid reason why the father who committed this atrocity shouldn't be subject to death, I'll eat my words. The mother was in on it too "according to people close to them". Mental health has been claimed as his issue and he thought the kid was a demon, tried to give it away a few times "because it was too fair skinned" etc etc. There ain't a damn thing that could be said to in any way justify the decision they made.
Rest peacefully little girl. :(

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
LTIH @Dozer bringing up BIG things to hate, in a little things to hate thread.
Totally harshing on our mellow!!
Had to vent, can't get it out of my head.

En route to the beach for my lunch time swim, two cars in front of me in a single lane roundabout all indicated right, entered the roundabout, hit theleft blinker and went straight. How the fuck?

Reactions: Zaf

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
The story unfolding of the life the poor little baby led before being thrown into the sea, drown and wash up a few days later on a Gold Coast beach is the saddest and horrific thing I've read. The poor little thing never stood a chance at life, so bloody sad.
If anyone can give me one valid reason why the father who committed this atrocity shouldn't be subject to death, I'll eat my words. The mother was in on it too "according to people close to them". Mental health has been claimed as his issue and he thought the kid was a demon, tried to give it away a few times "because it was too fair skinned" etc etc. There ain't a damn thing that could be said to in any way justify the decision they made.
Rest peacefully little girl. :(
I also hate that they were known to social services and still nothing was done. Even with the residents making multiple calls to social services regarding them.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Had to vent, can't get it out of my head.

En route to the beach for my lunch time swim, two cars in front of me in a single lane roundabout all indicated right, entered the roundabout, hit theleft blinker and went straight. How the fuck?
I've been led to believe NSW learners are being taught to do that.

Living in a boarder town I see it all the time. Vic plates don't indicate at all, NSW cars flash like a they're at a nightclub.

I learnt in Adelaide, so you can all EAD and get out if my way :p

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Living in a boarder town I see it all the time. Vic plates don't indicate at all, NSW cars flash like a they're at a nightclub.

I learnt in Adelaide, so you can all EAD and get out if my way :p
NSW all my life, watch me not indicate once as I bounce through any/all roundabout

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It’s a Canberra thing too. Still freaks me out sometimes, very confusing to a Victorian.

If you want to go left at a roundabout, you indicate left. Same for right. Going straight you don’t indicate you’re going left...

And NSW has a bee in its bonnet about u turns for some reason too that I don’t get.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You're meant to signal left here in QLD every time you come off a round about. If you want to turn right you need to indicate right at the start and then left as you exit but I see people do all sorts of different stuff .

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yup, learners are being taught this in NSW, confusing as all f*#k, it may work in say Canberra where the roundabouts are the size of football fields but in Inner Sydney where you can step the length of most of them it just doesn't work.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's easy, don't pull out in front of anyone that's indicating right but what most squids do here is indicate right and then exit the round about without indicating left.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yup, learners are being taught this in NSW, confusing as all f*#k, it may work in say Canberra where the roundabouts are the size of football fields but in Inner Sydney where you can step the length of most of them it just doesn't work.
Yeah, that is odd - they're just a glorified four way stop intersection

(can you imagine the four way stop system from the US working here....? It would be chaos...)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
For fucks sake.............really? It's the wrong thing to do and it causes some spills. Aside from it being totally fucking stupid, its against the law. How can a learner driver instructor not know this stuff? Even a learner who has just read the rules and paying immense attention to everything should know better.
"Going straight ahead: Do not signal when approaching the roundabout but always signal left before exiting a roundabout. You may approach the roundabout from either left or right lanes (unless there are road markings with other instructions), drive in the same lane through the roundabout and exit in the same lane."
https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safety-rules/road-rules/roundabouts.html

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The rules are fcuking stupid. Try entering a small (typical) roundabout without indicating and then exiting with an indicator on.

Go ahead - try it. Betcha can't.