The Single Speed Thread

nexusfish

El Mariachi
Before (horribly cluttered) and after (elegantly simplistic) my new single speed rig, 2013 Niner air 9 alloy. Used to ride SS all the time back in the day on a 26inch kona unit as a training aid to toughen me up and mostly cause I was a peasant uni student. This thing blows that old beast away. Sitting at 8.7kg with one more tube to remove.

Attachments

Tracti

Squid
Hey guys looking for a good 29er single speed frame, nothing to crazy expensive and possibly with the potential to go geared. Going to be going rigid fork to start. Any help would be great.

Snockers

Likes Bikes
Hey guys looking for a good 29er single speed frame, nothing to crazy expensive and possibly with the potential to go geared. Going to be going rigid fork to start. Any help would be great.
Hey Tracti, what size are you after? I've got a Large (20") 2014 Surly Karate Monkey I've been thinking about updating/upgrading for a while, if that sounds like it'd suit you.

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, Im looking for a steel SS and struggling to find one, there are some in the US (like the State Pulsar) and the UK (Charge Cooker), but nothing seems to be available in Oz. Id rather buy local and give at least some semblance of support to the local industry

Any suggestions?

notime

Likes Dirt
SCV brings in the Surley Karate Monkey so most shops can get one of those in, they also do the Salsa Timberjack which is Alloy though. Not much else to my knowledge. I'm liking the PACE bikes steel single speeds but again no AUS distro http://www.pacecycles.com/rc529-bike-page. You could go custom, Fikas in Canberra for the full local.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, Im looking for a steel SS and struggling to find one, there are some in the US (like the State Pulsar) and the UK (Charge Cooker), but nothing seems to be available in Oz. Id rather buy local and give at least some semblance of support to the local industry

Any suggestions?
Have one built for you? Gellie do sweet looking fillet brazed steel.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Any suggestions?
What about any of the On-One frames?

I was at Ashburton Cycles in VIC yesterday and they used to be the Ozzie Ditro and still had some stock in the shop

creaky

XMAS Plumper

Any suggestions?
What style of bike ? XC with rigid or 100mm fork, or more burly ?

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
I have a Large Inbred 29 SS (the LTD edition one) dunno why though seems pretty standard
Would have to sell with wheels and forks

Chris King (pink) hubs to silver Velocity Blunt SS
Rockshox Reba 29 100mm

not 100% on selling but would like to ride another SS bike

Calvin27

Eats Squid
SS bug has bit me - anyone know cheapest way to a split frame? Bonus points for non-steel. That stuff is not real, just heavy.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
yeah not a fan of steel - bu twill tolerate it.

I had a charge steel hardtail that I couldn't really tell apart from an almost identically specd alu. I'm only tolerating steel because someone might be able to hack a split frame easier in steel.