Hi - from Melbourne

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Welcome to the Mad House @Mr Adonis

Are they the fancy Cosmics? I had the cheaper version til the roads up here killed them. Anyway, wrong forum.

By the sounds of things we have similar backgrounds, except I've never had the pleasure of actually owning the cars!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Welcome @Mr Adonis you're not alone ! when I was younger and a keen surfer I used to read all the Aussie surf mags and swore I would never be one of those middle aged blokes who write a letter to the editor telling their story of losing touch with surfing due to marriage, kids etc....and here I am at 50 rediscovering mountain biking for the same reasons !
Haven't bothered going back to surfing because of the dramatic increase in GW shark sightings and attacks, but could be tempted if my fitness keeps improving..

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
...spending money on modifying V8 commodores...
There's your problem right there. You should have stuck with tricking up dunny doors because you're in a whole new world of financial pain when it comes to mtb, and that which does not get mentioned here... *cough* - upgraditis and N+1. Your wife will be complaining about the abundance of bikes clogging up the garage soon. We've heard it all before; "why do you have so many bikes when you can only ride one at a time" and so on. Meh.

Anyway, welcome to the fold. Everything's pretty much fair game around here so don't get too offended at what you read, and best to stay away from the e-bike thread.

Mr Adonis

Likes Bikes
There's your problem right there. You should have stuck with tricking up dunny doors because you're in a whole new world of financial pain when it comes to mtb, and that which does not get mentioned here... *cough* - upgraditis and N+1. Your wife will be complaining about the abundance of bikes clogging up the garage soon. We've heard it all before; "why do you have so many bikes when you can only ride one at a time" and so on. Meh.

Anyway, welcome to the fold. Everything's pretty much fair game around here so don't get too offended at what you read, and best to stay away from the e-bike thread.
Me offended? It takes alot to offend me!
Ive got 3 bikes already - thats enough for me now.
The way I look at it is this: I dont smoke; drink; gamble; have expensive tastes in clothes; i never buy food from canteen...So I have no guilt spending money on bikes.
Come to think of it, Im a low maintenance husband! Been married, if I get meal from wife every day after work, and occasional 'happy endings', thats all I ask from her.
Riding bikes is a bonus.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Me offended? It takes alot to offend me!
Ive got 3 bikes already - thats enough for me now.
The way I look at it is this: I dont smoke; drink; gamble; have expensive tastes in clothes; i never buy food from canteen...So I have no guilt spending money on bikes.
Come to think of it, Im a low maintenance husband! Been married, if I get meal from wife every day after work, and occasional 'happy endings', thats all I ask from her.
Riding bikes is a bonus.
Get her addicted to bikes. Nothing like a happy ending somewhere only a bike can get you to after a picnic.