AM Mean green DVO/Liteville Machine

Flow-Rider

Burner
Greens don’t match. Swap to a black saddle. One that doesn’t droop.
The fork is actually Kawasaki green that's where DVO copied the colour from, it will be hard to find identical matching greens. I would have put a green fender on the fork and tried to find some green hubs.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Greens are bloody hard to match up to each other... I just tried going every green I could in the 1 package... :D
True, although if it is preferably in an awkward shade of green then I'm in for Justin Timberline. Any green is good.

Shades of green don't concern his middle class working bike upbringing and sneers at those high end colour co-ordinated bikes.

Seat nose is too low here but not a care in the world. At least it has some green.

DSC_1720.jpeg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Greens are bloody hard to match up to each other... I just tried going every green I could in the 1 package... :D
That's the exact approach I took as well...

Your saddle for sale would look a metric shit tonne better on the 301 than that droopy thing on there atm

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-stinger.311947/#post-3172054

+1 matching greens is bloody difficult. As @Zaf pointed out the human eye is very sensitive to the colour green. Its a good idea to have some green within eyesight at work for mood moderation and to refocus the eyes if you do a lot of screen time.

@hifiandmtb I've given it a bit of thought, and I kind of like that the greens don't match. As @Flow-Rider pointed out the fork is Kawasaki green, the saddle is more a Bianchi celeste, the crank boots are different again etc. Trying to match all the colours is too OCD which is a personality trait I try to resist, so letting them differ feels more zen. And my eyes enjoy looking at green, regardless of the shade.

As for the saddle shape, the Selle SMP droop and the big cut out prevent nerve issues in my perineum. So the saddle droop prevents tackle droop.

@creaky thankyou for your constructive criticism. When you post a PYR I will make sure to do the same... hold on you don't have any recent PYRs.

It could look like a Huffy and that wouldn't make a jot of difference to how it rides - which is freaking awesome. Personally, my eyes enjoy the green and I like the fact that it looks a bit like a dj bike.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
As for the saddle shape, the Selle SMP droop and the big cut out prevent nerve issues in my perineum. So the saddle droop prevents tackle droop.
As sinfully ugly as they are, he has a point. I've used a Selle Italia SLR Flow for far too long, to the point that while the Bontrager that came from factory was mega comfy, there was pressure in juuuust the wrong places. As a result the Procaliber is sporting a very well loved, white SLR until I can order a black one.

Flow-Rider

Burner
+1 matching greens is bloody difficult. As @Zaf pointed out the human eye is very sensitive to the colour green. Its a good idea to have some green within eyesight at work for mood moderation and to refocus the eyes if you do a lot of screen time.

@hifiandmtb I've given it a bit of thought, and I kind of like that the greens don't match. As @Flow-Rider pointed out the fork is Kawasaki green, the saddle is more a Bianchi celeste, the crank boots are different again etc. Trying to match all the colours is too OCD which is a personality trait I try to resist, so letting them differ feels more zen. And my eyes enjoy looking at green, regardless of the shade.

@creaky thankyou for your constructive criticism. When you post a PYR I will make sure to do the same... hold on you don't have any recent PYRs.

It could look like a Huffy and that wouldn't make a jot of difference to how it rides - which is freaking awesome. Personally, my eyes enjoy the green and I like the fact that it looks a bit like a dj bike.

They're just all envious, go ride it and get it dirty.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I don’t have the chops to own a Liteville.

Want my tranny back ‍:(
Once you ride one, it’s hard to go anything else.
Who’da thunk a FSR bike could have so much character!

Any luck he’ll outgrow it in a year and you’ll get the big red tranny back.

Oddjob

I don’t have the chops to own a Liteville.

Want my tranny back ‍:(
The only way the Tranny is coming back, is in pieces. The Liteville will make you not care.

Oddjob

Went for a nice long ride yesterday and it was really great. I purposefully sought out some tight twisty trails - Popeye, Olive Oyl, Possums and Serrata. These trails are just too tight for the Pole and even the SAM, and they are just a pain to ride.

The Liteville on the other hand just ate them up. The (relatively) short wheelbase and efficient pedalling allowed me to find some flow on the corners and momentum up the pinch climbs and step ups. The sensitive fork kept the bike stable at slow speeds and was able to resist diving in techy descents.

The cherry on the cake was how well the Liteville jumps and handle drops. The long wheel base on the Pole and SAM mean you need a lot of body english to unweight the bike for drops and pop off lips. The Liteville on the other hand doesn't need as much manhandling. The shorter wheelbase is less likely to get hung up on lips, and the bike just has a lot of pop.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
if you look at the head tube logo with one eye half closed and the other blurry, it kinda looks like the Star of David.
that from a German company is a little naf don't you think?
But cool bike none the less, Good Work Lad!