Dirt art lake mountain

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
That looks very promising. That is the big arse trail down to Marysville? I believe they are also working on some others around the village?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
That looks very promising. That is the big arse trail down to Marysville? I believe they are also working on some others around the village?
Yeah, the trail from the summit of Lake Mountain down to the township of Marysville. No idea about the others but it would make sense.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
this is wonderful news. How is it being funded- Lake MT, local club, Council, grants??? So cool

kbekus

Likes Dirt
How is it being funded
nfi, but awesome news... I'd be surprised to see it finished before snow season kicks back in though, it's a massive run from the ticket booths where the current trail ends (?) down to Marysville.

I'm both excited and scared to think about a full run from the car park at Lake Mountain down to Marysville, I'd be knackered half way down and my hands would seize up. Lucky there are lots of trees to catch me.

robbieraver

Likes Dirt
Screenshot_2018-12-01-19-57-18.png
and here is more..........They have been at it from the beginning of the year... seems that they have kept a lid on any info leaking out.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
wow awesome. I saw their post on FB looking for crew in the Marysville area about 2 months ago and guessed they were working on this trail. Just jumped across to FB a minute ago looking at their page and there are a couple of posts about it.... the whole thing is potentially over 30km and mostly singletrack.

The bus ride back up is gonna suck but I can live with that FWP.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 349410 and here is more..........They have been at it from the beginning of the year... seems that they have kept a lid on any info leaking out.
It's been secretly worked on by Lake Mountain trail fairies for longer than that even. I think they obviously got funding and brought in a commercial operator to get it finished.
I see there is an event mid Feb.
Wonder if they are hoping to have it finished by then.
I've been following the progress on the Lake Mountain trail social media for quite some time. It was planned out years ago.
Should be fun.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
ive gone to the last 2 cascades ride days-for $10 i get in thre runs...can't bloody beat it for value -the climb of 4ishKM is quite tough -but then there is 8km down -i have ridden the dirt trk down to marysville on a gravel bike & my meagher math tells me it can be a 20km descent, with a rough time of a 2hr run [at present the current trail takes just over 1 hr to complete & you pop out near the ticket booth

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I normally go for a trailride there, starting at the tollbooth, 8km up the road, left into the singletrack to the village, quick coffee and then onto summit and back down trail to tollbooth. Usually 1 lap is enough with the climbing. 750 to 800mtr climb and approx 30km loop back to car with a couple of small extras.
For me it feels similar to doing a Stonefly loop but much closer to home.

A full descent to Marysville will be like having an Epic trail close to home.
Hope it's open asap.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The full trail to Marysville won't be open until next green season, so 2019/20. It may, however, be open for testing during the Cascades ride day.....

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks epic! I rode Lake Mountain about a month ago, but only as far as Arnold Gap. The trails looked like they hadn't seen a tyre over them in months, let alone a shovel. Seemed like no maintenance at all, and in pretty rough condition which was pretty disappointing given how long it took to get there. Anyone know if any work has been done on the trails further up top?